Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Effective 12 Oct 2014, meal selection is available from 30 days to 24 hours before flight (This meal selection was suspended temporarily 12 Sep - 10 Dec 2015.)

Special meal (Asian vegetarian, Kosher, Muslim, Low sodium, etc.) requests may be requested where offered. See this post for the list of available special meals.

[
Reserve your entrée before you fly

Flying in First or Business Class? We’re the first U.S. airline to offer you the choice to reserve your entrée on American Airlines flights with scheduled meal service. To enjoy this personalized service, simply reserve your meal at least 24 hours before departure.
  • Available for customers traveling on American Airlines in First or Business class, on the majority of flights that are scheduled to offer a meal.
  • You can reserve your meal beginning 30 days (and up to 24 hours) before you depart

• If you change your flight, reservation is required again

• Meals may not be available at times as there is a limit on numbers.

Information About Entrée (Main Course) Reservations:
  • Entrée reservations are available in First and Business class on American Airlines marketed and operated flights
  • We can begin accepting reservations 30 days prior to travel and all orders must be completed at least 24 hours before departure
  • If your original itinerary changes, please reselect your entrée preference
  • We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there may be instances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection

Problems? Try a DM using Twitter or call.

Also see

Note: the old order in which meal preferences are taken by Flight Attendants ("FEBO") ended on 1 Sep 2014. See "FEBO dead 1 Sep 2014 - new system based on flight direction & time zone change".

Thanks to wiki "plank holder" hillrider.
Print Wikipost

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I have never been able to pre-order meals on eAAgle flights which offer two choices. Doesn't matter if it's PSA, Republic, etc. never shows any options for pre order.
Weird, I'm pretty sure I have before, though my 100% claim is looking shakey to me now. Will have to do some research myself. Sorry to have been so confident!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Pre selecting my meal problem..

Hi everyone

Flying in J on the 767 Man(uk)-ORD flight at end of March. Trying to pre-select my meal and it keeps telling me there's a problem..come back another day..I've been trying this for days now..any advice?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've had same issue lately. Talking with an AA agent I was told they know and are working on it. I've found sometimes switching browsers does the trick, though not always.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
You can always use twitter to send a message to AA, or call them and ask them and make your selection directly through them.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Had that all last week, couldn't select meals on four flights. In the end got what I wanted but only because it appeared they were taking orders by elite status and not the usual FEBO method. Even wrote customer service to request specific entrees, but never got a reply. (Was in China so unable to even call AA by Skype.)
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I have been having this issue too. Shareholder - did you try a DM?

I'm a vegetarian, so my choice is always available though. Its invariably the less popular option.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Had that all last week, couldn't select meals on four flights. In the end got what I wanted but only because it appeared they were taking orders by elite status and not the usual FEBO method. Even wrote customer service to request specific entrees, but never got a reply. (Was in China so unable to even call AA by Skype.)
FEBO went the way of the DODO several years back

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-sep-14-a.html
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
We are on Flight 934 from EZE to MIA at the beginning of April, flying in J. It is a daytime flight, departing at 8:30 am, and the flight information says " breakfast and lunch." But when I go into our booking to pre-select meals, only breakfast is listed (and there are no options other than omelette, but that is OK). Is there no possibility to choose a lunch entree? I hope it is not just sandwiches with no choice.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
2nd meal is not available for pre-selection. There is a choice (assuming you are not seated at end of selection process).

Rasheed
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:38 am

Choose dinner JFK to GIG

1) Surf and Turf
tenderloin, grilled shrimp, piri piri sauce, Brussels sprout succotash

2) Jamaican Jerk Mahi Mahi
yuzu, coconut lemon rice, charred succotash

3) Southern Barbecue Chicken
lemon herb fingerling potatoes, red cabbage slaw

4) Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette
creamy tikka masala sauce, edamame, grilled herbed naan

---

I'm undecided. Any recommendations?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by boboqui
Choose dinner JFK to GIG

1) Surf and Turf
tenderloin, grilled shrimp, piri piri sauce, Brussels sprout succotash

2) Jamaican Jerk Mahi Mahi
yuzu, coconut lemon rice, charred succotash

3) Southern Barbecue Chicken
lemon herb fingerling potatoes, red cabbage slaw

4) Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette
creamy tikka masala sauce, edamame, grilled herbed naan

---

I'm undecided. Any recommendations?
Since the current thread is mostly geared towards the ability/inability/process to select meals, your post would probably get a better response by posting it in this thread: 2017 Combined AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1865 Voyager, *G
I've only had issues pre-selecting meals on AA.com with Chrome, and not with varying versions of IE11 (though I think I do have issues with Edge as well). For those still having trouble.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Is anyone else getting this error when trying to preorder?

Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later.

I have tried multiple browsers, and over several days.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks

Whenever there are issues, I've found that sending a DM message via twitter works magic. Unfortunately, in this day and ages, those that tried not to get involved with social media, will have a hard time getting CS help with companies. Best to get used to it.
Old May 16, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks

Have you tried calling AA? I had a same situation and called AA, an agent said did few things and told me they know what is going on (did not elaborate what that was ). After few more key strokes all was done and got my meal selection on the reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.