Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 and Terminal 5 Admirals Clubs

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site.

LOCATION: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club is in "Concourse level across from gate 40.." (aa.com) Entry on concourse level, lift / elevator to next floor; tarmac views; assistance with AA travel-related issues; some "quieter" areas.

HOURS: See here for hours. (Although, it has been reported that the Club may indeed be opening earlier than the website-posted time).

AMENITIES
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers (8)
  • Music Room (?)
  • Children's Room
  • Conference Rooms

Note: The Flagship Lounge is located upstairs within the Admirals Club and requires key card access - Club receptionists issue these, and the entrance to the Flagship Lounge is immediately to the left of the upstairs Club staff / assistance desks. See this thread.

You can now travel between the American Airlines T-4 and several other terminals without leaving Security via a pedestrian tunnel.

The airside connector between T-4 and the Tom Bradley International Terminal is open.

A shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Flagship Lounge, please refer to this thread)
  • For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.

Useful tip: If you are headed to baggage claim at LAX, and you arrive at one of the higher-numbered gates (45-49), you can make it a little easier on yourself by going down the escalator to the shuttle bus terminal. Then turn left and go down another escalator to the walkway to baggage claim. This long walkway under the main concourse has a moving sidewalk. It's the same distance, but with a bit of mechanical help. There is "Baggage Claim" signage leading to those escalators.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:48 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Here's a little preview of the new T5 lounge:
https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/900727336181669889
Thanks! It looks pretty nice-- I'm actually surprised they did as much work to the old space as they did. Sadly I'll be traveling through LAX tomorrow and Saturday, so it looks like I'll have to wait until my next visit to check it out.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Here's a little preview of the new T5 lounge:
Thanks ... I know that space well having used it many times when it was a SkyClub (it was only renovated a little over a year ago).

DL managed to pack a lot more seating in there, especially in the area of the South West Corner (at the end of the clip, the camera is pointing West as it pans from the South towards the North).

It could get quite crowded.
JonNYC likes this.

Last edited by serfty; Aug 24, 2017 at 4:21 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Soft-open delayed until at least Sunday, so I figure "sometime next week" most realistic.
In Terminal 5 right now. Agent at gate 50 (where they closed the door and about 10 people came running from the bar next door and were denied boarding to the Las Vegas flight) said he believes Sunday is the day.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Just an FYI, the lounge is open today a show others reported it would be. Very nice. Everything available but the bar right now. Looks like that may be a few more days.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Was in this Morning as well. Great space and a quick walk from T4 through the tunnel. They seemed to be having some computer issues this morning - never fails whenever you do a move like this. Lounge was very quiet at 8:45am. One note - electrical outlets look like they will be at a premium. There's a long counter along the Windows with bar stools and I couldn't find a plug anywhere.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
... One note - electrical outlets look like they will be at a premium. There's a long counter along the Windows with bar stools and I couldn't find a plug anywhere.
Interesting; the DL seating had power sockets at many of the seats, both USB and 110V.

I suspect there will be a few in floor sockets dotted around.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
One note - electrical outlets look like they will be at a premium. There's a long counter along the Windows with bar stools and I couldn't find a plug anywhere.
Originally Posted by serfty
I suspect there will be a few in floor sockets dotted around.
Don't forget, electrical outlets cost money.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Don't forget, electrical outlets cost money.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's so funny
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Have a transcon from LAX tonight at T4, currently at T5 AC (and back to T4 an hour later).

It is first day open, so it is basically empty (10ish people here, less than staff). The bar area is not ready yet (due to license), so the only available section is food bar (coffee machine, the nicer one and soda machine so you get fancy coke here), typical cheese and fruits etc at any AC, as well as salads and soups (which are not offered at T4)

4 shower rooms are immediately available to use, with toilets inside but slightly different from JFK FL's. I did not notice there is a quiet area like JFK FL. Also, along the line of window seats, each has power outlets and works at the moment (120V). The power outlets at the window seats are a little hard to find (right beneath the table, not on the wall). No USB outlets though (maybe I missed).

I was told by the Manager here (David) the FL at T4 will be reopen around Nov 18, and AC at T4 will be open a little earlier (of course these are subject to change).

Last edited by andersonCooper; Aug 27, 2017 at 8:40 pm Reason: Updated with T4 AC.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I'm flying out of T4 in a couple weeks. Since the T4 AC is closed now what are my options? Just the T5 club?

If T5, should I just go through security at T5 then? How do I get to T4? Is there an airside walkway?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't been to LAX in ages.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
I'm flying out of T4 in a couple weeks. Since the T4 AC is closed now what are my options? Just the T5 club?

If T5, should I just go through security at T5 then? How do I get to T4? Is there an airside walkway?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't been to LAX in ages.
There is a connecting tunnel between T4 and T5. It's a short walk from security check to T5 (currently there is a sign says "AC Opens Now" right outside of T5 AC)
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
There is a connecting tunnel between T4 and T5. It's a short walk from security check to T5 (currently there is a sign says "AC Opens Now" right outside of T5 AC)
Should I go through security at T5 vs having to go through at T4 and then backtrack to T5 to get to the club? Is there a precheck security point at T5? It doesn't show on the airport map in the AA app.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Should I go through security at T5 vs having to go through at T4 and then backtrack to T5 to get to the club? Is there a precheck security point at T5? It doesn't show on the airport map in the AA app.
There is PreCheck at T5.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What time of day?

This thread may provide better info:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

Last edited by serfty; Aug 28, 2017 at 7:09 am
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Just did this yesterday. There is precheck at T5. The club is right by the stairs that lead you to the T5/T4 walkway. It will be very convenient for you to go through security at T5 and then walk to T4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.