Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Phantom / false AA award availability with AA partners (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Phantom Award Availability Issues with AA Partners

A number of members report "phantom" award availability using partners' websites to search for AAdvantage awards. BA may have the most reports, but that could be because it's used more than JL or QF. Try using other partner web sites, or one of the travel tools, ExpertFlyer (offers five day trial periods) or KVS.

See:
[b]oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on
and
HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance, discussion
Print Wikipost

Phantom / false AA award availability with AA partners (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Northwest, United
No guys. I was friendly, polite, and trying to be helpful. She was, frankly, a bit snotty from the start, I ignored that, for a while. I asked simple, direct questions - politely, cordially - to try and get clarity (because what she was telling me seemed disconnected from reality). Only after it became obvious that she was 1) not being honest with me, and 2) was simply trying to dump the call off on another employee who wouldn't be able to help, that I got frustrated and pressed the point.

I have worked on phones before, and I fully appreciate it can be a difficult, thankless task. But that's no excuse to blatantly lie to a customer. I was asking the agent to be clear, confirming (repeating back to her) her responses to me when what she said seemed odd. I don't expect a front line CS agent to be able to overturn their broken IT and anti-consumer policies. But I do expect them to be honest with me, or at least as honest as they can be. When someone tells me over and over that the sun is green and the sky is purple, and I can see they're not, I'm not gonna just say, yeah, OK sure.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
When someone tells me over and over that the sun is green and the sky is purple, and I can see they're not, I'm not gonna just say, yeah, OK sure.
I do that all the time. If the agent can't or won't help and I know I'm in the right, I usually don't push too hard. Why bother? Why waste time that could be spent calling back and having another chance at getting what I want, as opposed to jousting with an agent who certainly won't give me what I want?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lobo411
I do that all the time. If the agent can't or won't help and I know I'm in the right, I usually don't push too hard. Why bother? Why waste time that could be spent calling back and having another chance at getting what I want, as opposed to jousting with an agent who certainly won't give me what I want?
e - x - a - c - t - l - y
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
*self redacted*

Last edited by iadisgreat; Jul 26, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:46 am
Community Director Emerita

So it's not just me. I was excited when I found 2 biz seats on their HEL-SFO nonstop. But actually book - no way.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:55 am

booked last week 4 economic seats SFO - HEL on AA.com for AY flight . Booking confirmed . May be , I was lucky .
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Still running into this issue trying to book 2 seats HEL to SFO in Business. Shows up on aa.com but not bookable.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:24 pm

Constant problem trying to book to Europe from Australia too...... all flights to HEL from Asia show as available..... click through and...nothing.

Must get access to the BA site and try that way... even if it means calling....
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by trooper
Must get access to the BA site and try that way...
This is the best piece of advice here regarding the phantom AY award availability issue. I've booked quite a few AY award segments over the past 6 months, and actual AA availability always matches what BA shows for an Avios booking on AY.

-FlyerBeek
bhamsan01 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA platinum, Air France Platinum,, Bonvoy titanium, AC 50k
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
This is the best piece of advice here regarding the phantom AY award availability issue. I've booked quite a few AY award segments over the past 6 months, and actual AA availability always matches what BA shows for an Avios booking on AY.

-FlyerBeek
Not for me. I see availability on BA site for AY bus awards in July next year for HEL to SFO, but only phantom availability on AA site.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
no AY flights are bookable on AA.com. Availability is shown, but when you want to book and confirm the same page replicates itself. Wake up AA--your website sucks.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
no AY flights are bookable on AA.com. Availability is shown, but when you want to book and confirm the same page replicates itself. Wake up AA--your website sucks.
That simply isn't true - I booked AY flights yesterday (Business in the A350) using my AA miles on aa.com with no problems whatsoever.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
That simply isn't true - I booked AY flights yesterday (Business in the A350) using my AA miles on aa.com with no problems whatsoever.
Well for 10/27 out and 10/31 back nothing is bookable. I'm glad it worked for your dates.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EP
Not true. Successfully booked JFK HEL MUC today.

JonNYC likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
That's exactly what I've experienced the past year or so...and after many, many tries

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.