Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Success stories booking awards on Etihad using AA miles (Archive - 2015 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Awards: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles (>= 2015)

This thread is about our members' successful award bookings on Etihad / EY using AAdvantage miles. Please do not post to this thread if you want tips and assistance on booking Etihad awards with AA miles but see this thread: How to use AA miles on Etihad / EY (Consolidated / Master Thread). The wikipost of that thread also contains instructions on how to search for EY availability.

Note: posts prior to 2015 about this topic (with the exception of a few 2014 end of year posts brought forward for continuity) may be found at ARCHIVE: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles
Print Wikipost

Success stories booking awards on Etihad using AA miles (Archive - 2015 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Hold times for the AU office back to normal today. Just shifted an award I booked yesterday by a few dates. On hold for 45 minutes yesterday, 3 minutes today.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC, Amex, SPG Gold, VA Red, HHonours Gold
Originally Posted by slice
Wow, UK taxes are a killer.

Can you think of any good reason to position to NYC?

MLE-AUH-JFK is only 90k and $57 AUD.
I know 😔 Unfortunately not as our dates are fixed and we have a wedding just before the trip. Happy to pay Ł376 for first apartment in A380
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:14 pm

Anyone still looking for flights should check back in 4 days when everyone's holds expire.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by invalyd
Just waiting for January 1st to confirm the hold so I can get 10% of my miles back
Haha, me too. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone, as I'm on pins and needles that something will go wrong with my hold before the 1st.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau
Haha, me too. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone, as I'm on pins and needles that something will go wrong with my hold before the 1st.
Thanks for the heads up, AU it is.
Just waiting for January 1st to confirm the hold so I can get 10% of my miles back
That's quite the gamble knowing there are many reports of EY holds expiring way, way sooner than the AA allotted 5 days.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
That's quite the gamble knowing there are many reports of EY holds expiring way, way sooner than the AA allotted 5 days.
Ok, you scared me enough. I knew that, but was still pushing it. Called and booked. Maybe I'll get lucky and they won't ticket it until 1/1. No big deal though. Just 10k miles, and I will probably redeem more AA miles later in the year anyway to get the dividend to trigger.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If using the Australia office , you do know that it is 2016 in 9 hrs 15 mins ; I doubt that another 9 or so hours will impact much
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Anyone know if I can call the US call center to confirm/book an award put on hold through AU?
I put an itinerary on hold yesterday via Australia after US could not see it.

Today I called US to confirm/book and they were able to do so and take my credit card no problem.

It has not yet ticketed, though I called Etihad and manually had them add my seat requests.

Mark
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by lowside67
I put an itinerary on hold yesterday via Australia after US could not see it.

Today I called US to confirm/book and they were able to do so and take my credit card no problem.

It has not yet ticketed, though I called Etihad and manually had them add my seat requests.

Mark
You might have to reselect them as ticketing might fudge it. The good news is that now EY allows the selection via their website on non-EY stock tickets.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Awards: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles (>= 2015)

AUH - JFK award booked 12/29 ticketed today. I was charged an 80 AUD telephone fee. Forgot to ask if they could waive it.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
This thread is being archived and supplanted with the following:

Booking AAdvantage Award travel on Etihad / EY - 2016 (Consolidated)

~Moderator

Last edited by Microwave; Jan 14, 2016 at 5:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.