Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Success stories booking awards on Etihad using AA miles (Archive - 2015 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Awards: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles (>= 2015)

This thread is about our members' successful award bookings on Etihad / EY using AAdvantage miles. Please do not post to this thread if you want tips and assistance on booking Etihad awards with AA miles but see this thread: How to use AA miles on Etihad / EY (Consolidated / Master Thread). The wikipost of that thread also contains instructions on how to search for EY availability.

Note: posts prior to 2015 about this topic (with the exception of a few 2014 end of year posts brought forward for continuity) may be found at ARCHIVE: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles
Print Wikipost

Success stories booking awards on Etihad using AA miles (Archive - 2015 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I understand that mods have a job to do, but this thread existed quite happily for Nearly 3 years and 250 posts in the Etihad forum with not a single complaint on the thread that it was in the wrong place. It was easily found and hence regularly updated.

Now that it's in the AA forum, it'll just get lost, won't be updated and will lose its purpose, which means information on this process won't be current and available to be accessed, which is likely the complete opposite of the reason why it was moved.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:22 am
SL2

Programs: AA, United, Flying Blue, JAL, ANA, Korean, KrisFlyer, BA
Is anyone else having issues with AA not seeing any availability on Etihad today? For anything?
I had the agent check a couple of routes and she said nothing coming up. She checked with another agent who had the same issue and claimed they spoke with an Etihad/AA Liaison who said Etihad is not releasing any award space at this time.
On Etihad's site there are plenty of GuestSeats in Business and First showing on multiple dates.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SL2
Is anyone else having issues with AA not seeing any availability on Etihad today? For anything?
I had the agent check a couple of routes and she said nothing coming up. She checked with another agent who had the same issue and claimed they spoke with an Etihad/AA Liaison who said Etihad is not releasing any award space at this time.
On Etihad's site there are plenty of GuestSeats in Business and First showing on multiple dates.
Will enquire for sure.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:55 am
SL2

Thank You JonNYC!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SL2
Thank You JonNYC!
Always a pleasure, needless to say, but unfortunately, there a pretty big delay between:
1. one of these things being reported (and that's usually a while after it's been reported.)
2. AA putting it out for agents
3. fixing it!

Hopefully, it's -not- like last time and a very temporary glitch.

Last edited by JonNYC; Jan 20, 2015 at 11:13 am
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:07 am
SL2

I know!
Last time was forever.
I'm thinking if I should keep trying so multiple agents will report it to get the ball rolling...
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AA, MR, SPG
Availability

Originally Posted by SL2
I booked a first class award this morning for early December from AUH to JFK. Very easy convo with the AA rep getting it booked. First class space on that route appears to be wide open from September through the first week of December (including EY 101).
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cheeeese18
I booked a first class award this morning for early December from AUH to JFK. Very easy convo with the AA rep getting it booked. First class space on that route appears to be wide open from September through the first week of December (including EY 101).
Interesting, thanks for the report, maybe SL2 can re-check?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:40 am
SL2

Tried a few times.
Trying once again now. So far not seeing anything on hold music...
I'm having issues since about 10:15AM EST that is when I first tried.
Cheeeese18 did you book earlier?

Just hung up with them. Still nothing doing.

Last edited by SL2; Jan 20, 2015 at 12:05 pm Reason: update
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA, MR, SPG
Availability

Originally Posted by SL2
Tried a few times.
Trying once again now. So far not seeing anything on hold music...
I'm having issues since about 10:15AM EST that is when I first tried.
Cheeeese18 did you book earlier?

Just hung up with them. Still nothing doing.
Yes I was on the phone with AA around 7:30am Eastern Time. I was a maniac the last few weeks slowly watching first class availability creep out to my departure date and I called right when I got to work.

I got the Etihad locator number from the agent on the phone and did the seat booking trick and that worked fine for me. Hopefully they fix everything soon so you can book your trip. I feel bad for you knowing how crazy I was waiting to book mine.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:00 pm
SL2

Well if I can't book hopefully others can't to and space stays available.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
I was able to get ORD- MAA booked for August on Sunday night but It still hasn't ticketed yet. Will report if there's an issue with that.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Some reportage that this is being reported to bloggers, etc., and that not all routes seem to be affected, but, that the ones that are are behaving very strangely:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...mment-page-1/#
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:01 pm

Crap. Hope this time it doesn't take them a month to fix this
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:54 am
H99

Programs: centurion
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Crap. Hope this time it doesn't take them a month to fix this
Me too, I am having this issue - but sounds like it is a temporary systems problem rather than anything more.

Am I right in thinking that Etihad availabilty should be fully available to AA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.