Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP

I went to an American Airlines event in Austin last night and was able to see a sneak peek into the future of mobile apps on AA. One of the coolest features rolling out is the ability to see the standby and upgrade list. In addition, the app will tell you which zones are boarding as well.

You can only view the list the "day of" departure, but its progress nonetheless

This feature is coming out soon for iphone/blackberry/android smartphones!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
UA/CO has had this feature for quite a while, so it should be a good feature to add to the AA mobile app. Any plans for AA to add the flight info of the arriving flight?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by Time traveller
UA/CO has had this feature for quite a while, so it should be a good feature to add to the AA mobile app. Any plans for AA to add the flight info of the arriving flight?
I didn't ask them about adding the flight info of the arriving flight- good question though...
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP .72MM
What about over sold situations?

It would be nice if the new app would let you know if a flight is over sold...Increase the chances of VDB perhaps!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Standby list has already been visible using iPhone's app weeks ago.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: Not care as much as before...
great! Looking forward to that especially I will fly a lot with AA this year
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Underwhelming, IMO - but way better late than never.

Thanks for sharing the information.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
And the Android version. Though IME, you aren't transferred to the cleared list until you go to the desk and receive a boarding pass. Seems to reduce the usefulness of the feature somewhat if you need to be at the gate anyway.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
I have used this many times already as well.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
This will be a very welcomed app and you could see how your faring in real time (as opposed to asking the AC staff). Also, I like the idea of being texted/email if the flight is oversold and being able to add your name to the bump list. One thing about the latter I fear is AA going to a bidding system like DL has. Those nice $300 VBs could quickly become $200 or less VBs.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP/AAIRPASS 2MM, UA 1K, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by onesocalkid
I have used this many times already as well.
Hi -- Can someone please help point me to where one might be able to view the lists from within the iPhone app.

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find the functionality (to view either the standby list and/or upgrade list) anywhere in the app...including within my reservation on the app. I downloaded the latest version and still nothing. I called AA Web Services and the rep I spoke with said that this functionality isn't available even though I was able to direct her to a picture of someone viewing the standby list in the iPhone app on their website. Even after seeing the pic on their website, she told me I was mistaken

Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
more accurately would be: months and months ago. The standby list has been available for quite some time.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by travelsensei
Hi -- Can someone please help point me to where one might be able to view the lists from within the iPhone app.
When you are put on the standby list, a green bar will appear at the bottom of your flight details. If you click on that bar, you will see where you are on the list. Its been a bit since Ive used that feature, but I also think it will tell you if you've cleared, as Ive seen it on my phone prior to the announcement over the speaker.

If you aren't on the standby list, there isn't a way (that Ive seen) to access the standby list on the app.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by travelsensei

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find the functionality (to view either the standby list and/or upgrade list) anywhere in the app...including within my reservation on the app. I downloaded the latest version and still nothing. I called AA Web Services and the rep I spoke with said that this functionality isn't available even though I was able to direct her to a picture of someone viewing the standby list in the iPhone app on their website. Even after seeing the pic on their website, she told me I was mistaken

Thanks for the help!
The upgrade list is not yet available.

You can only view the standby list if you have been placed on it. Once you have, you'll see a green bar at the bottom of the page showing your flight details with an invitation to view the standby list for your upcoming flight.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by austin_modern
more accurately would be: months and months ago. The standby list has been available for quite some time.
In fairness, the post you are quoting was posted about a month ago. At that time, it might have been "weeks ago".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.