Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:05 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sts603
Now if AA could only get on it with a Blackberry app!
I think that that's coming right after the Commodore 64 version

Cheers.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Quick question: if you want to see the upgrade or standby lists on the app, do you have to be actually LISTED on one of those lists for a given flight? Or is it enough just to be a passenger on that flight?
Obviously don't know about the upgrade list since its still in BETA, but for standby, it only shows up if you are on the standby list. So confirmed passengers have no way of seeing the standby list through the app.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton ◆
Originally Posted by sts603
Now if AA could only get on it with a Blackberry app!
I hope they install 8-track players into the IFE systems as well!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
iPhone and iPad Beta 4 App - Upgrade lists!

Any idea on a release date?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
Dude, the TI-99 4-A is coming first
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
Dude, the TI-99 4-A is coming first
You beat me to it. Mine is still in the closet somewhere.

Maybe the TRS-80 version will come next.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by djibouti
Do they also required your device's UDID? That usually limits them to ~100 users unless they have multiple developer accounts, but maybe this other platform is a workaround.
AFAIK 100 is an iOS limit for targeted distro so there is no workaround other than what you say, which seems unlikely given the other issues that would raise. They use hockeyapp, which has no limit per se, but is certainly constrained on iOS.

Originally Posted by LetsGoToo
Any idea on a release date?
Per past experience it will be anything from a week to a month. This is a light release from the looks of it, only adding the upgrade list capability and standby toggle; the last release was for the new BPs with TSA flags on them, and it took one or two weeks between the Beta coming out and the official release (I forget exactly). The bumper release which had the re-branding, the seat selection functionality etc etc took much longer, had it in beta for over a month I think before it went live. It also would get stuck and crash a fair bit, especially when trying to launch the seat map. This all got cleaned up in the official release. So, as per usual with this stuff, it would depend on scope and number of critical bugs they find at this stage.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA: EXP, SPG: Gold
I want it! Now please...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
There's a pretty good chance that by the time they get around to doing Blackberry the company will have ended up in the same state as Commodore International ...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
A pleasant reminder that I have something to look forward to in the upcoming merger. Any app is better than what we have on US (no app at all), and this just sounds fantastic.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Antarius
Anyone on the android beta channel? Hoping this is present there too.
There is no official Android Beta channel. The changes take place on IOS and then ported over Android.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Nokia Lumia WP8: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile/10.0; ARM; Touch; NOKIA; Lumia 521))

I read on one of the unofficial Windows Phone blogs that an update to the existing WP app was expected around July 22 or so. I'm guessing it will be for WP8 only (not 7.x)
Old Jun 30, 2013, 1:22 pm

Quick question: if you want to see the upgrade or standby lists on the app, do you have to be actually LISTED on one of those lists for a given flight? Or is it enough just to be a passenger on that flight?

(Sometimes it is useful to be able to keep track of how the lists are looking even if they do not affect me directly. Such as: using the upgrade list to predict whether that empty premium cabin seat next to me will stay that way...)
I asked this question and was to,d that as long as you are booked on the flight, you will be able to see the list. Have not confirmed yet as I am am not traveling until later this week.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 777lover
I asked this question and was to,d that as long as you are booked on the flight, you will be able to see the list. Have not confirmed yet as I am am not traveling until later this week.

Awesome! Thanks so much for checking.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Awesome! Thanks so much for checking.
I can confirm that you do not need to be on the standby list to see the list. It is pretty neat.

Also shows number of seats remaining in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.