Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Best 772 / 777-200 Flagship First Seats for one / solo (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

As of July 23, 2017, there are no aircraft remaining in this configuration.

Note: this is for the 777-223ER and will not apply to the upcoming 777-323ER expected the end of 2012.

All 777-200s (777-223ER) are configured the same, with Flagship Suites in a 1 x 2 x 1 configuration (1A is often blocked for the Resting Pilot).

See the first post of this thread for more details on the seat and a picture.

Link to aa.com First Class (incuding Flagship Suite) descriptions and photos
Link to AA Flagship International Meals listings
Link to Flagship Check-in Service on aa.com
Link to SeatExpert AA 777-323ER seat chart
Link to SeatGuru AA 777-323ER seat chart
Link to FT thread Best 777 First / Flagship Seats for two / couple (merged)

Please refer to FAQ and Wiki for further information on International Flagship catering, entertainment and other aspects of the service.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2007, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

There's only one seat I want to sit-in on the Suite 777s and that is 1J. It is exceptionally private and is not bothered by anyone else in the cabin.

The bathroom door is on the opposite side from the seat and doesn't cause any real annoyance, IME. The F galley is set a ways back from 1J and you are angled away from it, so it too doesn't cause any disruption.

I would happily take 1A as well, if the greedy, overreaching pilots didn't steal it from revenue pax (and if AA had the <redacted> to tell the pilots to pound sand and take the middle seats in Row 4 as they do on the Coffin 777s).

--------------------

MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Below are additional details and a picture:

The Seat:
  • Swivel seat (forward, 90 degrees for work position and offset for sleeping)
  • Electronic adjustable lumbar support
  • Winged - adjustable headrests
  • Armrests drop down for greater sleep space
  • Electronic full recline (to 6'6" / 198 cm bed)
  • Ottoman with seat belt for companion for chat or meals
  • Generous Ottoman storage space
Other:
  • Premium Cabin thin duvet and small day-blanket, pillow and mattress pad
  • Premium Cabin Amenities (amenity kit, pajamas, slippers)
  • Personal reading lights
  • Individual laptop powerport connections
  • In-seat personal video system with personal viewing monitors and a variety of programming
  • Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones

F cabin partial row 1 lower left to row 4 aft

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 18, 2012 at 2:05 am Reason: insert mod note
Old Aug 24, 2007, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by Lanny
Thank you all for the VERY prompt answers to my questions. Thanks also for the clarification about coffins VS. Suites. I knew that terminology and somehow it left my mind during composition of the message!

Any thoughts on the type of service we'll receive on our MIA-LAX flight? I've read all about 763 F service on this flight... should I expect similar? Thanks again everyone!
Typical transcon F non-AFS service. Same as on the 763 or 757 on that route.

Originally Posted by PresRDC
There's only one seat I want to sit-in on the Suite 777s and that is 1J. It is exceptionally private and is not bothered by anyone else in the cabin.

The bathroom door is on the opposite side from the seat and doesn't cause any real annoyance, IME. The F galley is set a ways back from 1J and you are angled away from it, so it too doesn't cause any disruption.

I would happily take 1A as well, if the greedy, overreaching pilots didn't steal it from revenue pax (and if AA had the balls to tell the pilots to pound sand and take the middle seats in Row 4 as they do on the Coffin 777s).
It makes sense for the pilots to have a single seat -- for all the reasons everyone (rightly, I think) suggested that a couple take the 2 center seats.

On our recent LAX-LHR in suites, of 11 pax in F, 6 were 3 couples (1, 2 and 4 D/G) and 3 D/G were co-workers travelling together. If you put a pilot in 4D or 4G, then there are only spots for 3 couples together.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 6:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by PresRDC

I would happily take 1A as well, if the greedy, overreaching pilots didn't steal it from revenue pax (and if AA had the <redacted> to tell the pilots to pound sand and take the middle seats in Row 4 as they do on the Coffin 777s).
I agree 125%! And wish I had said it first. ^^

I'm sure there is some TSA "regulation" that requires 1A for the pilots, but if there isn't, why can't they take 4A?

Mrs Dallas49er and I are "mileage programs incompatible", so there is rarely any danger of us needing to sit next to each other until we get to our destination.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 27, 2012 at 9:04 pm Reason: TOS #88
Old Oct 6, 2008, 8:16 pm
jf3

Programs: American Airlines
777 suites

Which First class seat is the best on the 777?

Last edited by jf3; Oct 6, 2008 at 8:24 pm
Old Oct 6, 2008, 9:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by jf3
Which First class seat is the best on the 777?
Best with reference to what criteria?

It depends on what's important to you: window/aisle, meal choice, proximity or lack thereof to the galleys and lavs, solitude vs. company, etc.

The suites themselves are all pretty much the same, I'm certain.

Welcome to FT!
Old Oct 6, 2008, 9:22 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
I like 1A. 2A and 3G seem to be the more likely to be poached by FAMs, but that's rare. If 1A is reserved for crew rest, I go for 1J. www.seatguru.com will tell you almost all of what you need to know.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
1J is the best for private seats

If your are traveling alone, 1J is the best. Its the most private. Its the most quiet. the last row is noisey.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:13 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by chorton702
If your are traveling alone, 1J is the best. Its the most private. Its the most quiet. the last row is noisey.
I agree. I have previously posted my view that any window is preferable to any interior seat. After my last flight, where I was assigned 4J but was able to sit in 3J, I have changed my mind to say that when on an overnight flight row 4 windows are inferior to rows 2-3 interior.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I vote for 2J, personally. 1J is right behind the lavatory, and A seats are on the left aisle, which is the one primarily used by FAs to walk between cabins. I only want windows, so center seating is not a consideration. OTOH, it may be somewhat route dependent. I do LAX-LHR several times annually, and takeoff is almost invariably followed by a long, climbing left turn of nearly 270 degrees, which gives a great view of LAX and the city from the left side of the aircraft, while the J seats on the right get a great view of... they sky.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 6:23 am

The one thing I didn't like about 1J is the video screen on the bulkhead right in front of you.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold
What's the best seat in F on 777 (getting conflicting views)?

Did a search on this, and to my surprise didn't seem to find anything that answered my particular concern:

I've just booked an AAdvantage reward from LHR to JFK on a Wednesday evening flight, leaving London around 8pm. The plane is a 777.

Seatguru.com says the best seats are 1A and 1J. Seatexpert.com says they're not that good, and that 2A and 2J are the best seats.

Which are the best?

Also, any advice re: luggage? I'm basically moving back to the US on this move, and so need to take as much luggage as possible. I know BA waives the fee for bags above 23kg but below 32kg for the first two pieces for their elites. Does AA do this? I'm AA Gold and BA Silver right now.

Any idea of how much each additional PIECE will run me on this route?

Any other tips on F these days appreciated. I haven't flown AA first out of LHR in about a year, so not up on the latest.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 7:31 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
You may want to take a look at this thread

<circular link removed post-merge>

where row 1 seats are compared to others for information.

(Search terms {777 seats})

Cheers.

Last edited by dstan; Aug 8, 2009 at 8:47 pm
Old Aug 8, 2009, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Thanks for the quick responses (and help with search terms)... I'm traveling alone so it looks like 1J is the one to shoot for!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond
AA153 (ORD-NRT) Best Seats in First

I'll be flying from Chicago to Tokyo in October on AA153, am booked in first and was wondering (for those who have flown) what the best seats were. I am currently in 1J, but 1A, 2A, and 2J are also available.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
You're good where you are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.