Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I don't begrudge the resting crew, but the FA's that view their job as being the first and last 90 minutes of the flight are the pits.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
I am heading PHL-SJU on Tuesday (same day RT). The flights are on East 757-200's.

I assume that is this is this plane. Correct?

Also, I was upgraded both ways. Can anyone give me a feel of what kind of experience to expect and some guidance on how to choose a seat (some are still open).

Thanks,
Old Nov 20, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by travellerK
I am heading PHL-SJU on Tuesday (same day RT). The flights are on East 757-200's.

I assume that is this is this plane. Correct?
Yes, all the East 757s are this configuration now: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_..._757-200_B.php

You can tell it's an East 757 because the flight number will be higher than 700 (and the West 757s mainly do PHX-Hawaii).

Originally Posted by travellerK
Also, I was upgraded both ways. Can anyone give me a feel of what kind of experience to expect and some guidance on how to choose a seat (some are still open).
I prefer anything in rows 2 or 3. Normally, I prefer the aisle over the window, but given the legroom on these, it's not usually a problem to get out to the restroom or to stretch your legs. Seats are the "Old Envoy" recliners found on the old config A330-300s that's currently being replaced by the suites.

It's more or less domestic F service.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by phlwookie
You can tell it's an East 757 because the flight number will be higher than 700
Actually, flight 700 would be an East flight, although I don't think it matters on this route. Flight numbers under 700 are West flights.

Jim
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:17 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Question Envoy On The 757???

If there's a thread on this, please direct me to it...

Looking to fly to Dublin in Envoy (752). I know it's single isle, but would appreciate any feedback regarding seat comfort, meals, best seats, etc...
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:20 am

The Envoy seats are from the A330 pre-suites. Meals should be about the same - there may be one less entree choice due to more limited galley space but someone else can comment on that.

Jim
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum HH Gold
Only with miles. Don't pay for it

Flew envoy back from Dublin two days ago.

The plane itself is just old. Interior not dirty but dingy. The seats are from the old A330 interiors. Cabin feels a bit cramped. I am 6'2 and I couldnt extend my legs fully while seat in upright position. Decent food - skip the pasta. Videos on the tiny portable viewers.

Better than coach, but not good enough to pay cash for.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
PHL-DUB on 767 also

Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways

Looking to fly to Dublin in Envoy (752). I know it's single isle, but would appreciate any feedback regarding seat comfort, meals, best seats, etc...
I got a chill down my spine seeing these posts and went back to check my own PHL-DUB for Sep 5-13. I was expecting it to be on a 767. US website does still show 767 on my dates (Wed-Thu) but 757 on the day before. Seems they switch equipment over to the 767 after Sep 4. Let's hope that really happens.

Not that the 767 is THAT much better but should be less claustrophobic. I've flown the international 757 to the Caribbean and a few domestic segments and thought the seats were uncomfortably narrow in the sitting position esp compared to standard US F seats.

(BTW-this trip is a result of using CP Envoy upgrade certs at the last minute in Feb)
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Do you still get comp upgrades on domestic flights with this bird?

I'm on it CLT-BWI next month and it was showing this seat map.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Superguy
Do you still get comp upgrades on domestic flights with this bird?

I'm on it CLT-BWI next month and it was showing this seat map.
Yes.

Any domestic/caribbean flight regardless of aircraft type is eligible for preferred upgrades.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways

Originally Posted by PittDoc
Not that the 767 is THAT much better but should be less claustrophobic. I've flown the international 757 to the Caribbean and a few domestic segments and thought the seats were uncomfortably narrow in the sitting position esp compared to standard US F seats.
Dublin is not far and, frankly, I think that if you can snag the exit seats up front on left (and on aisle if possible), you are better off than if you had drawn the 767, where not even the exit rows help. I recall stretching out (I'm taller than average) and actually sleeping the last time I drew one of these things.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:07 pm

An interesting July PHL-DUB schedule this year. For the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Weekends - which is high season travel to Europe, there are 2 PHL-DUB flights on Fridays and Saturdays - both with 757s.

PHL-DUB - 1840 (726) and 2100 (722) (Fri-Sat)
DUB-PHL - 0905 (727) and 1115 (723) (Sat-Sun)
Old May 1, 2012, 11:59 am

757 F

Finally got a chance to take one yesterday from CLT to PHL. I've only been traveling with US on a consistent basis since December but have accumulated 40k miles since then. For whatever reason I've always ended up on the A320 and 321's. I thought the 757 was a much more impressive aircraft.

The F seats were so much more impressive than the A320/321's. The takeoff was as well. It climbs so much quicker in the first 10 seconds. Even though it is somewhat of an older plane I really enjoyed it.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:18 pm

Depending on the flight number, it may have had Envoy instead of domestic FC - flight numbers under 700 are west 757's with normal domestic FC while flight numbers 700 and up are east 757's fitted with Envoy instead of normal FC. The Envoy seats on the 757 are the old Envoy seats from the A330's that were left over when US reduced the size of the Envoy cabin after the US/HP merger.

Performance-wise, it beats about any other airplane in the fleet, especially when operating relatively short domestic flights like CLT-PHL. Since it has the fuel capacity needed for trans-Atlantic range on shorter routes like that it is well under it's maximum weight.

Jim
Old May 1, 2012, 5:21 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Depending on the flight number, it may have had Envoy instead of domestic FC - flight numbers under 700 are west 757's with normal domestic FC
I'm guessing the poster prior to you was on an Envoy equipped bird if flying CLT-PHL. Do they even fly the West configured 757's to the East hubs? I thought they were dedicated to Hawaiian flying out of PHX.

757 is still my favorite narrowbody, and most people who fly on enough planes usually agree. When an airline neglects the interiors for too long is when they become less attractive (i.e. slave ship). I'd be curious what pilots think about flying a 757 vs. an A321. Probably a Ford vs. Chevy argument.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.