Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Why not fly AA from PHL to LHR and connect to BRU? Or if the train is the desirable option, I think the Chunnel to BRU is much faster than four hours.

On the return to PHL, however, premium cabin fares from LHR carry the luxury tax that you can avoid by flying BA from BRU to LHR to PHL.
The ridiculous UK departure tax is why I suggested the Op goes through CDG or FRA.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Piedmont767
The ridiculous UK departure tax is why I suggested the Op goes through CDG or FRA.
Fair enough, but it's important to remember that the UK luxury tax does not apply if you originate somewhere else and merely connect at LHR.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Why not fly AA from PHL to LHR and connect to BRU? Or if the train is the desirable option, I think the Chunnel to BRU is much faster than four hours.

On the return to PHL, however, premium cabin fares from LHR carry the luxury tax that you can avoid by flying BA from BRU to LHR to PHL.
After more consideration, I just booked Jet Airways from EWR direct to BRU. They have lie flat seats, flight is $2k less, and their business class has solo window seats similar to AA's nextgen business class.

I lose the benefits of the beautiful AA lounge in PHL and the shorter drive to PHL, but gain in the lie flat seat. Hopefully the business class of Jet is almost as nice as AA and I'll be pleased.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by xtremeski2001
After more consideration, I just booked Jet Airways from EWR direct to BRU. They have lie flat seats, flight is $2k less, and their business class has solo window seats similar to AA's nextgen business class.

I lose the benefits of the beautiful AA lounge in PHL and the shorter drive to PHL, but gain in the lie flat seat. Hopefully the business class of Jet is almost as nice as AA and I'll be pleased.
It will probably be better.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by xtremeski2001

"Beautiful AA lounge in PHL..?" Not sure I've ever encountered one of those...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
It will probably be better.
This is GOOD news!

Originally Posted by cmd320
"Beautiful AA lounge in PHL..?" Not sure I've ever encountered one of those...
AA's Admiral's Club in PHL's Terminal A (West) is pretty nice. It used to be US Airways Envoy Club and is pretty new.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:38 am

Has anyone flown PHL to LHR on a 757?

I am trying to hard to find the optimal seats on this plane but have come up empty thus far.

This is the flight aware info:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL736

Here is a pic of what is open right now. Any advice?

http://imgur.com/a/G1iW7
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:28 pm

See the LUS 757 ETOPS thread, that will help you.

No wonder they are canning this route, loads look horrible.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:34 pm

See the LUS 757 ETOPS thread, that will help you.

No wonder they are canning this route, loads look horrible.
What do you mean by the load looks horrible? Should I be worried about anything?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:44 pm

Here is what I am seeing the OLCI http://imgur.com/a/G1iW7

Can anyone recommend a seat? I keep searching through this thread and no seat map seems to match this one exactly. Especially the seats 5E/5F.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Every seat that's open for a party of 2 is pretty much the same (crap) there. Unless an extra exit row opens up.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:51 pm

Ok thanks. I will just have to wait and hope one opens up for me.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:53 pm

In case anyone ever searches for this I finally found the plane on SG.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ame..._757-200_E.php
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Went thru the same thing over the summer. I had a few seats open up about 3 days before departure and ended up getting an entire exit row to me and my girlfriend. You'll be okay if you keep an eye on it. This plane sucks in every conceivable way though!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
I flew PHL-LHR a week ago today, the third time I've done so. Loads are indeed sparse. If you're in Y, go for 6D or 7C. Personally I prefer 7C when 7B is vacant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.