Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Old May 1, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: None
I assume it was an east bird also. I don't know but would suspect that pilots who have flown both would like an A321 with the performance of the 757. Most pilots who have flown the Airbus like the more spacious flight deck the wider fuselage gives and the automation (at least a generation newer than the 757). But I've never heard a pilot say that they didn't like the performance of the 757 better.

Jim
Old May 22, 2012, 1:51 pm

Envoy

Hi Guys

I am traveling from GLA to PHL at the end of August in Envoy and was wondering what to expect. The last time I was over I went from Heathrow on a a332 which had the new Suites and really enjoyed it. Very comfortable seat, FA was amazingly friendly and the food was good. Started off with access to the lounge.

What can I expect on the 757? Do I get lounge access at Glasgow? or at PHLy on the return journey? What is the older seat like? Obviously nothing compared to the Suites but is it still pretty comfortable?

Still looking forward to it and I am sure it will beat economy lol
Old May 22, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
In GLA you will get lounge access to the Sky Lounge. Make sure you get an entrance coupon from the Agent at check-in. In PHL you will also get acccess to rhe US Club- just show your envoy boarding pass The 757 are showing their age. The envoy seats are fine but nothing like the 332. Beats seating in Y
Old May 22, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: None
The 757 uses the old Envoy seats removed from the A330's - 160-170 degrees recline. Not nearly as nice as the Suites.

Jim
Old May 22, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by ayrshiredude
What can I expect on the 757?
You can expect that you'll be wishing you were on an A330.

But, yes, does beat coach (although I am partial to 9C or whatever the left aisle exit row is on the TATL 757s in Y).
Old May 24, 2012, 5:19 am

Thanks for the advice

One other thing it shows that there is a single seat as 3F as I am traveling on my own is this a good seat to have? I currently have taken seat 2F would it be worth while changing to this?
Old May 24, 2012, 5:53 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Envoy

3f is fine. Your seat mate will sometimes be a pilot getting rest.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by PHL
3f is fine. Your seat mate will sometimes be a pilot getting rest.
Oh so there is a seat there? the seat map shows nothing
Old May 24, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ayrshiredude
Oh so there is a seat there? the seat map shows nothing
Yes there is a seat there. It's reserved for a crew rest (pilots). Given how short of a flight GLA-PHL is, you may not ever have a pilot utilize it. If they do it won't be for very long and almost certainly after meal service is completed.
Old May 24, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by geo1005
Yes there is a seat there. It's reserved for a crew rest (pilots). Given how short of a flight GLA-PHL is, you may not ever have a pilot utilize it. If they do it won't be for very long and almost certainly after meal service is completed.
It's more for flights coming from deeper into Europe that can be very long on the return with headwinds.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:54 am

Ah ok thanks so is it the same as any other seat in Envoy as far as legroom and recline go?
Old May 24, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Yes. I recall row 1 having less legroom, but this isn't an issue in rows 2 and 3.
Old May 27, 2012, 6:57 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm 5'11" and my feet still don't touch the bulkhead when I'm fully reclined in row 1. I also like that there's no seat in front of me. It's much easier for the window seat person to get up and step over my legs without me having to move.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Any idea when these 757's will be replaced? I fly to GLA often and between UA/CO and US, I pick US during the summer to avoid EWR. I"m sure it will be a few more years but was just wondering.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:55 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RMINIONE
Any idea when these 757's will be replaced? I fly to GLA often and between UA/CO and US, I pick US during the summer to avoid EWR. I"m sure it will be a few more years but was just wondering.
The 757 seems right sized for thin routes like GLA, AMS, etc. The only logical replacement on those routes would be the 767, as it has roughly 20 more seats. The A330 and future A350 deliveries (2017) are too big for these kinds of routes.

But, ultimately the 757/767 fleet will retire leaving only the wide body airbuses to fly the international routes. What will become of these smaller European cities? Maybe the A321 NEO if it ever flies and proves it can make the range.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.