Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA occasional / periodic PHX<->HNL A330 / 333 Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador

This is probably the wrong place but since the A333 is not going to be a permanent fixture from PHX I figure it's not worth starting a new thread... I'm booked in Biz PHX to HNL on this plane and I'm wondering if the A333 flights will have the new Casper bedding, Movie Tablet, etc or will it be a dumbed down Hawaii service (similar to the 757). I've looked on the AA website, at press releases, etc... I can't find anything. Any info would be appreciated.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by davidsc111
This is probably the wrong place but since the A333 is not going to be a permanent fixture from PHX I figure it's not worth starting a new thread... I'm booked in Biz PHX to HNL on this plane and I'm wondering if the A333 flights will have the new Casper bedding, Movie Tablet, etc or will it be a dumbed down Hawaii service (similar to the 757). I've looked on the AA website, at press releases, etc... I can't find anything. Any info would be appreciated.
1) The A333s have AVOD IFE. No need to pass out tablets (as there won't be any stocked).

2) The on board service should mirror that of the normal 757 PHX-Hawaii service.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:16 pm
Suspended

...I'm booked in Biz PHX to HNL on this plane and I'm wondering if the A333 flights will have the new Casper bedding,...
Originally Posted by Fanjet
...2) The on board service should mirror that of the normal 757 PHX-Hawaii service.
Not sure what it all means, but AA states there will be some kind of Casper brand products on Hawaii flights:

Casper products will be available on these select routes in addition to traditional long-haul international and transcontinental routes:

Boston (BOS) – Los Angeles (LAX)
New York’s John F. Kennedy (JFK) – Seattle (SEA)
Miami (MIA) – Seattle (SEA)
Miami (MIA)– San Francisco (SFO)
U.S. to Hawaii
U.S. to Northern Rim of South America (MAR, MAO, BOG, CCS, CLO, GYE, LPB, MDE, UIO, VVI)
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Not sure what it all means, but AA states there will be some kind of Casper brand products on Hawaii flights:
Maybe that is in reference to the DFW-Hawaii service. Which already sees an enhanced service in both F and Y, and which are always flown with widebody aircraft, unlike LAX/PHX-Hawaii service.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fanjet
1) The A333s have AVOD IFE. No need to pass out tablets (as there won't be any stocked).

2) The on board service should mirror that of the normal 757 PHX-Hawaii service.
Thx!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

anybody take this flight yet? we're booked in February (in J) and I'm wondering if the red eye return will have a full bedding setup. thx.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
anybody take this flight yet? we're booked in February (in J) and I'm wondering if the red eye return will have a full bedding setup. thx.
From reports I’ve read elsewhere on non-Premium longer haul domestic flights, you’re more likely to get an abbreviated version with small pillow, lumbar pillow and cover (not amenity kit, mattress pad, slippers, etc.)
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
From reports I’ve read elsewhere on non-Premium longer haul domestic flights, you’re more likely to get an abbreviated version with small pillow, lumbar pillow and cover (not amenity kit, mattress pad, slippers, etc.)
Thx!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Scheduled to fly redeye HNL-PHX in early January. Will report back.

Per JDiver's input, bedding seems to replicate the offerings on transcontinental flights to and from JFK, minus the amenity kit.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:00 pm

For the life of me I do not know why AA can not offer PHX- OCG flatbed service. I think they would get a huge market share. Changing planes in HNL is not fun for short hop
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Centurion
For the life of me I do not know why AA can not offer PHX- OCG flatbed service. I think they would get a huge market share. Changing planes in HNL is not fun for short hop
AA doesn't normally offer flat bed service on PHX-HNL either. It is typically a LUS 757 with the standard LAA F recliners put in.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA
Does anyone know if AA is replacing their 752s with 333s next year? I am looking into booking a flight in March (PHX-HNL) and all flights I'm looking at are serve with an A333. Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by moonwoo
Does anyone know if AA is replacing their 752s with 333s next year? I am looking into booking a flight in March (PHX-HNL) and all flights I'm looking at are serve with an A333. Thanks!
If they are showing a333, then it seems like that is what will be operating.

During the off season (winter), AA has operational slack in their widebody fleet which allows them to run them to tropical destinations. AA runs CLT-AUA on a a332, PHX-Hawaii on a333 and will be doing DFW-CUN and ORD-CUN on a 788 this winter, among others.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Antarius
If they are showing a333, then it seems like that is what will be operating.

During the off season (winter), AA has operational slack in their widebody fleet which allows them to run them to tropical destinations. AA runs CLT-AUA on a a332, PHX-Hawaii on a333 and will be doing DFW-CUN and ORD-CUN on a 788 this winter, among others.

Yes, but all things being equal, AA prefers to operate widebodies to destinations with higher yield and narrow bodies to destinations with lower yield. Hawaii is a low yield destination with limited business travel to pay for full fare F/J tickets. AA needs to use a widebody from DFW to Hawaii but the 757 can make it from PHX. But ... as 757's are getting phased out, the A333 becomes the next logical choice.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:52 pm

I'm headed to LIH Nov 4th. Trying to learn the ticks of the trade here on FT. Thanks for the hints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.