Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The nine low MTOW Pratt & Whitney PW4168 engine equipped Airbus Industrie A330-300s had been scheduled for retirement (returned to lessor at end of lease) by late 2018 2021 now due to poor "fit" in the AA fleet (link). (The A330-200s, with more compatible Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines, will continue, however.)

Premium Economy and extended Main Cabin Extra are not expected to be installed on the A330-300, at this time. Its unpredictable if they might be refutted with the extended retirement dates.

Link to Combined AA Fleet page

For the specific thread about the Zodiac Envoy Business seat, please see LUS A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330:
A330-200 Envoy Suites

Link to Seatguru for AA A330-300

Envoy / Business:
* Rows 1 to 7, 4 across, private "suites"
* Seats A and H have windows and aisle access, angle out toward windows
* Seats C and F are both in the middle, angle in toward center (no windows)
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Economy:
* Rows 8 through 40
* Configured in a 2-4-2 pattern (A and H are windows with B/G beside them)
* Exits at row 25
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

New Livery (AA-style) of the A330-300:
A333 in New Livery

Link to archived older posts (back to 2011) from this thread.

Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

AA Airbus A330-300 / 333 [master thread]

Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Did you check this thread?

The US A330-300 [master thread]
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
US A330 now AA A330

Please forgive me ignorance, stupidity and just being a *newbie* with AA. I have search for my question but I only came up with a date back in 2014. My question is which seat is best or better on the A332/333 flying in J class ? I've flown with AA once and that was on the 777-300 from LHR-MIA. This time I will be flying from PHL-LHR- A333. From what I see via SeatGuru they are bit different then the 777-300 but are lie-flat. I am a window guy if that helps
Senior Moderator/Moderatoras..Can you please post in correct forum if its needed..
Thanks
Flyboy
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Are you traveling alone or with a companion?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:08 am

Traveling with the *husband* but he is a window guy as well.. Its a night flight AA 728. Would there be a difference between a window and the middle ?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Please forgive me ignorance, stupidity and just being a *newbie* with AA. I have search for my question but I only came up with a date back in 2014. My question is which seat is best or better on the A332/333 flying in J class ? I've flown with AA once and that was on the 777-300 from LHR-MIA. This time I will be flying from PHL-LHR- A333. From what I see via SeatGuru they are bit different then the 777-300 but are lie-flat. I am a window guy if that helps
Senior Moderator/Moderatoras..Can you please post in correct forum if its needed..
Thanks
Flyboy
On the A332, avoid the first row, as the lighting sometimes can't be turned off. On the A333, it can, and thus this row is better as there is more legroom.

If you are flying on your own, choose a solo window seat. If traveling with a companion, choose a solo window seat and the seat across the aisle from you chosen window seat; the two center seats are hard to talk and see the other passenger, so the center-window combo is easier to see and talk to each other.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:20 am

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Decided to with 2H 3H. I guess we will see what happens. Actually after reading some intra threads for AA/US I see now that there is a way to order/delivery of food in business. GRRR. I shouldn't even worry about this should I ?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Bulkhead Row 8 Vs. Row 25

I'm flying CLT-LHR-CLT on the A330-300 next month in coach and looking for details on the bulkhead seats. I'm 6'5" so legroom is what I seek.

Both flights have center bulkhead (CDEF) seats open in rows 8 and 25. Seatguru rates them all similarly. Row 25 (exit row) legroom and footroom could be better than row 8 where there is no exit and there are closets/galley in front. Based on reading this thread the outer seats (ABGH) might open up at T-24 so info on those would be helpful.

Anyone have pics or experiences with row 8 and/or 25?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I'm not quite as tall as you but tall enough ... and I avoid these middle bulkhead seats like the plague. First, they really don't have much room. Second, you can get a crying baby next to you. Or, third, you can get moved to who-knows-where to accommodate a family with a baby. Fourth, there are always folks who come up to use the toilets on one aisle and will step over you to get to the other aisle.

Other than that, they are great seats.

On a A333, go for something up close in B, since B does not have video equipment underneath, but C does (can't remember if same on starboard side). This under-seat issue is different in Y on A332, by the way ....
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:25 pm

AA A330 bus class for couples

I'm flying phl-cdg with my girlfriend in AA bus class on A330. I chose 1F-1H, center and middle, as it seems to be closer together than the two middle 1C-1F. Also possibly 1H is best for extracurricular activities. Do you agree, or should we book the two middle seats? Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
uhhh, what?

Originally Posted by Chris1030
Also possibly 1H is best for extracurricular activities.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Abidjan
uhhh, what?
Seconded, this is AA business class, not Singapore Suites...
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chris1030
I'm flying phl-cdg with my girlfriend in AA bus class on A330. I chose 1F-1H, center and middle, as it seems to be closer together than the two middle 1C-1F. Also possibly 1H is best for extracurricular activities. Do you agree, or should we book the two middle seats? Thanks.
Take 1 window, and 1 center. Best option for talking to a traveling partner.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
First, they really don't have much room. Second, you can get a crying baby next to you. Or, third, you can get moved to who-knows-where to accommodate a family with a baby. Fourth, there are always folks who come up to use the toilets on one aisle and will step over you to get to the other aisle.
If there's enough room for people to cross from one aisle to the other there should be decent legroom, right?

Also when you say the "really don't have much room" are you referring to room for your feet, room for your knees, or both? I sometimes find that bulkhead seats are good for knee room but poor for length to stretch out your feet.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Define "decent."

But you make a good point. I am emphasizing where you can put your feet.

Alas, not a lot of space and jerks climbing and falling all over you turn out not to be mutually inconsistent.

If you do it and you think it works for you, let me know and I will revise my opinion. I do now go for 7G on the A330-200 because without folks piling over you, it's not half-bad as a bulkhead.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:29 pm

Define "decent."
Loosely, decent is a situation where I'm reasonably comfortable on a 9 hour flight. More precisely, decent legroom for me is when I can extend my lower legs to the point where my upper legs (thighs) are fully supported by the seat pan. I find that if I can't extend my legs to that degree I quickly end up with sore legs and hips.

Alas, not a lot of space and jerks climbing and falling all over you turn out not to be mutually inconsistent.
My legs are long enough that this is unlikely to happen, unless there really is a ton of legroom.

If you do it and you think it works for you, let me know and I will revise my opinion. I do now go for 7G on the A330-200 because without folks piling over you, it's not half-bad as a bulkhead.
As often happens Seatguru seems to fly in the face of actual experience and reports 7G on the A332 as yellow. YMMV!

Still wondering if there are any differences worth noting between row 8 and row 25 on the A330-300?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.