Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The nine low MTOW Pratt & Whitney PW4168 engine equipped Airbus Industrie A330-300s had been scheduled for retirement (returned to lessor at end of lease) by late 2018 2021 now due to poor "fit" in the AA fleet (link). (The A330-200s, with more compatible Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines, will continue, however.)

Premium Economy and extended Main Cabin Extra are not expected to be installed on the A330-300, at this time. It’s unpredictable if they might be refutted with the extended retirement dates.

Link to Combined AA Fleet page

For the specific thread about the Zodiac Envoy Business seat, please see LUS A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330:
A330-200 Envoy Suites

Link to Seatguru for AA A330-300

Envoy / Business:
* Rows 1 to 7, 4 across, private "suites"
* Seats A and H have windows and aisle access, angle out toward windows
* Seats C and F are both in the middle, angle in toward center (no windows)
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Economy:
* Rows 8 through 40
* Configured in a 2-4-2 pattern (A and H are windows with B/G beside them)
* Exits at row 25
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

New Livery (AA-style) of the A330-300:
A333 in New Livery

Link to archived older posts (back to 2011) from this thread.

Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

AA Airbus A330-300 / 333 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Flyiboy

@PHL .. how was your flight in MCE? I’m curious to know because I have decided to dive into row 8F. First time flying with AA A333. Anyone know if there are pictures of row 8 ?
I flew 8F FCO - CLT. There's a proper amount of legroom, about 38" inches of pitch? I'd say it's about equal to a E190 exit row 12 if not a full 40" of pitch. If you're flying back to the US internationally keep in mind that you will have to head to the middle bathrooms and the bulkhead galley is blocked per FAA regulations.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I sat in 25F on a recent LHR-PHL flight. It was really comfortable, plenty of legroom and not too narrow. People do congregate near you to use the bathroom and people will cut in front of you.

Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I sat in 25F on a recent LHR-PHL flight. It was really comfortable, plenty of legroom and not too narrow. People do congregate near you to use the bathroom and people will cut in front of you.

I'm booked in this seat for an upcoming transatlantic flight. These pictures and your description are really helpful. Especially to see the extra room to the right of the bulkhead.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by OutOfORD
I'm booked in this seat for an upcoming transatlantic flight. These pictures and your description are really helpful. Especially to see the extra room to the right of the bulkhead.
With those kinds of seats I usually leave the IFE monitor arm extended and place a bag to dissuade people from stepping over. They really should go through the galleys if they need to cross over.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
I am flying LHR-PHL soon. The flight looks quite empty in Y. I checked the seatmap on Expertflyer. All A/B and G/H seats in the front part of the economy cabin are of course "paid & premium" seats, except for 12AB and 12GH, which are marked as blocked, just like row 25 (the exit row). What is the reason for the blocking of row 12? Is it the crew rest area? SeatGuru doesn't say anything about 12AB/12GH, except for the fact that the window seats are missing the windows. Do these seats open during check-in?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Would you pick a middle seat in row 25 (MCE so far as I can see), or 10G? Travelling alone LHR-CLT.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Would you pick a middle seat in row 25 (MCE so far as I can see), or 10G? Travelling alone LHR-CLT.
I've got a similar query- on a 333 CLT-LHR in a few days that's showing pretty wide open per the seatmap (but there could be dozens of passengers with no seat assignment yet). Currently in 9A with 9B open, but 25 CDEF are all showing available. If the flight were full, I'd probably prefer row 25, but as it stands I think having two seats with a moveable armrest is better. The only big plus for 25 is the free liquor, but in my experience they rarely bother charging in Y on Int'l longhauls anyway. No idea how that works on planes with a relatively tiny number of MCE seats
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by captaink
I've got a similar query- on a 333 CLT-LHR in a few days that's showing pretty wide open per the seatmap (but there could be dozens of passengers with no seat assignment yet). Currently in 9A with 9B open, but 25 CDEF are all showing available. If the flight were full, I'd probably prefer row 25, but as it stands I think having two seats with a moveable armrest is better. The only big plus for 25 is the free liquor, but in my experience they rarely bother charging in Y on Int'l longhauls anyway. No idea how that works on planes with a relatively tiny number of MCE seats
I can't comment on the seat. My wife did pick row 25 (one of the middle seats), but was opped-up at the gate,
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Considering booking HNL-PHX on this aircraft. Any recent reports on the condition and comfort of the J cabin? Are they super tired or still reasonably comfortable? Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kacee
Considering booking HNL-PHX on this aircraft. Any recent reports on the condition and comfort of the J cabin? Are they super tired or still reasonably comfortable? Thanks!
I was on one from CLT-PHX in December and thought it was great. Way better than an A321 or 757 to HNL.
Kacee likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ty Vil
I was on one from CLT-PHX in December and thought it was great. Way better than an A321 or 757 to HNL.
Just landed in PHX and can confirm the J cabin was updated and quite nice. Definitely better than the DL 763 with Thompson Vantage I flew outbound from LAX. I'd choose this aircraft again without hesitation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.