Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Schedule Change March 2016 Glitches and Issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Change March 2016 Glitches and Issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Interesting Schedule change March 2016

The schedule changes for March hit the system last night. I have an award flight from STL-PHL-FRA. Original was 7am to 10am, then 4:30 to 5:15AM

Schedule changed the STL-PHL to 10am-1pm, very fortunate for me. However, I was looking to upgrade it, so I went out to the rewards site. for March 23, there is literally no reward availability. like not anytime, or anything. the date is blank now.

So I went into revenue and searched to actually buy the ticket, and the route is not available. the only available routes on that day are STL-ORD-LHR-FRA

Do I need to be concerned that the flight path is now illegal? I can go search on revenue and find each leg (STL-PHL and PHL-FRA) so I'm assuming both flights still operate that day, just that the routing of STL-PHL-FRA isn't available for purchase even

EDIT - It appears the system isn't functioning because it also shows no revenue flights for STL-CLT and STL-PHL that day.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 15, 2015 at 8:09 am Reason: Restore original post title
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
I have noticed the same, no revenue flights around March for ATL-MIA.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Typical Sunday system lag. Same thing on my fights for march. To DFW not showing up as any flights should fix by Monday as this has been the case in the past.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Just tried to book Nashville- DFW in late March.

ZERO seats of any kind available at any time of day for about three weeks. Weird stuff.

No AnyTime awards in economy or first until April 6th, then every single day as normal.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:42 pm

Something must have gone wrong during the schedule updates last night - tons of flights no longer there - PHL-MIA is missing a bunch around Spring Break for example. Surprising that it is still happening around 3:30p EST - has to be costing them money.

Anyone with EF that can comment whether it is the flights or inventory that AA didn't load?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
I just had a round trip March flight cancel on me. I called and they too are showing no flights anywhere near when I had them before. Maybe wait until tomorrow to see if something else reappears.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thx OP for the heads up.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Thx OP for the heads up.
+1

Need to give them a call this week to get a few things straightened out.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
does AA have "secret" flights?

So I rarely travel on AA but I'm a decently seasoned traveler. On 3/6/16 I'm booked (with ticket # and confirmation) to go from YVR-LAX-JFK-DCA. I'm psyched for the LAX-JFK upfront and really looking forward to the flat bed. My question, though, is that on 3/6 I"m on a n/s AA#5987 from YVR-LAX (OPERATED BY AA). I should add that this new routing is a result of a schedule change from my original routing. In any event, I don't see that flight listed ANYWHERE. If I go to buy a o/w from YVR-LAX on that date, flight doesn't show up. If I search by schedule on that day, that flight does not show up. In fact, the only n/s that day is a code share on Alaska. I even tried to check the flight status of that flight today (I know it's several months out but I wanted to just see if there was a similar flight today) and NOTHING. So my question is - did AA sell me a flight that doesn't exist? I guess what I'm really concerned about is that that flight is not going to fly that day and I'm going to be re-booked yet again. I'd welcome any thoughts on whether I should be concerned or if this is standard practice at AA that they indeed have flights that don't show up in searches. Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
When did you look? I know yesterday there were a LOT of flights not showing up for AA when searched.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
A March schedule change was loaded over the weekend and there were problems coming out that load yesterday where some flights on some dates in March were not appearing on AA.com (or other booking engines) for booking despite Expertflyer showing the flights as active with inventory. That is the case here, I see AA5987 on EF for March 6 with inventory, so AA apparently has not fully fixed whatever issue was occurring yesterday.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
OP here, ahhhh! I feel better already (and thanks for checking), YES I looked yesterday. I truly feel better already. I thought I was just doing something unintelligent in my search and thus not finding the flights. I appreciate your replies.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Yesterday was really weird. I couldn't book a single first class ticket for some odd reason.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I like the idea of secret flights... Like INO's "secret menu"

Doesn't sound profitable, unless a charter with a revenue guarantee
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I like the idea of secret flights... Like INO's "secret menu"
If only we could get our meals "Animal Style"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.