Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by txrus
I think they've been overtaken by those who just game the system now.
...just like the emotional support animals.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Last sunday evening I saw a jet fuel truck rolled over on its side on the tarmc at DFW along with a lot of folks standing around just looking at the big pool of spilled jet fuel. And none of you AA insiders know what happened out there?!?!

You can't sweep this under the rug without providing compensation, AA!!

I am sure they probably had to make some changes on the fly as at least one airplane appeared to be blocked into its position at the gate. And I am still curious how this happened...
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by 869
I am sure they probably had to make some changes on the fly as at least one airplane appeared to be blocked into its position at the gate. And I am still curious how this happened...
It was LBB-DFW. My friend was on it, and he missed his connecting flight to SNA, causing an overnight at my house.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
It was LBB-DFW. My friend was on it, and he missed his connecting flight to SNA, causing an overnight at my house.
Well I think YOU deserve compensation for having to put up a guest without sufficient notice. 50K points should do it.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
Oh man - did plane hit the truck? I've got pictures of it if I can figure out how to post tomorrow

Originally Posted by pmblinn
Well I think YOU deserve compensation for having to put up a guest without sufficient notice. 50K points should do it.
50k....good start!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:04 am

My flight attendant had the nerve to tap me on the shoulder while I was sleeping to hand me back my suit jacket so she could “take a seat for landing” instead of standing there patiently waiting for me to awaken on my own when the wheels hit the ground.
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
That the PDB thread hasn't been locked AND that I've posted in it. 🤔
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by pmblinn
Hey, you're right! And I didn't even get any of the $12 food voucher AA gave him...
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
When you don't get a lime or lemon with your Bloody Mary (I'm happy with either)
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
It bugs me how the (LUS) AC at LGA-C has different ice (long rectangles) than the (LAA) AC in Term B, and the bar isn't equipped with one of those drink dispensers (forget what the right word is for that beverage gun for the bartender) for sodas. All mixers are from bottles/cans at the LUS club.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: US, CO, Marriott

Last edited by Zanotti; Aug 23, 2017 at 4:57 am
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
I finally have one...

Not all sparking wine is champagne.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:15 pm

When you have to pass gas but the person next to you doesn't have their headphones in
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I selected seats (row 1) next to my travelling companion and she got a message the morning we were leaving sending her back to row 3. I figured must be an FAM, and it might be interesting to sit next to one (no other free seats in F). Then I got to the plane and saw the seat was inoperable, marked with a big not for passenger sign. So I had to sit by myself!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:17 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Arriving early on an international flight, but CBP isn't open until 5am. Well, at least the ramp crew can get a head start on bags!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.