Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Max M
The recent change (and by recent change, I mean ~1 year ago) of AA web services phone service CSR's quietly being outsourced to India.

My beef isn't that they're in India, but now they have more authority than Elite Line phone CSRs have to issue fee waivers when inventory searches on AA.com goes wonky.

Before cost cutting, some of "regular" AA CSR's could issue a phone ticketing fee waiver. Now, you get passed off from reservations to webservices, which has to confirm the fee waiver, then you get transferred back to the CSR "Elite Line" after approval is granted, like a commodity.
The times I've called I'm pretty sure I've reached people in the Philippines. Very different accent. Inability to say "F" or "PH". Surprise or correct "walang anuman" response when I say "salamat" (thank you) in Tagalog. And these folks aren't often very helpful other than reciting an answer out of a book.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by FWAAA
In decades of flying AA regularly, my experience is that AA has never enforced a policy of "shades up" for takeoff or landing, even though it may very well be a wise policy.
Shades open is required if you are in an exit row. TWA used to have a shades open for all windows prior to AA taking control.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Sitting at MCE bulkhead in a 777-200. Upon landing, FA forgot to reopen the small window on the bulkhead between Business and Main Cabin..Compliant and got 10k miles lol
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Sitting at MCE bulkhead in a 777-200. Upon landing, FA forgot to reopen the small window on the bulkhead between Business and Main Cabin..Compliant and got 10k miles lol
I suspect you mean "complaint" for the non-compliant FA, . 10,000 miles is substantive...
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by JDiver
I suspect you mean "complaint" for the non-compliant FA, . 10,000 miles is substantive...
You got me! In fact I picked suggestion rather than complaint (as the subject) on the contact AA web page and was not looking for any compensation. But within 24 hours I got a response "rewarding" me 10k miles. What a surprise. (Disappeared when I tried to book a New York-ORD flight when no saver was available, minimum cost 50k miles RT IIRC)

Last edited by andersonCooper; Jun 11, 2017 at 9:58 am
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
This isn't a complaint but what's up with the red dash on this 738 winglet? Never seen this before (was at MIA):

Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Isn't that the "fill-Line"?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Rebob
Isn't that the "fill-Line"?
Ha! ^
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
I wonder if 10k miles is standard protocol for anyone who notices small FA violations and complains about them.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:43 am

The soap dispenser in the ORD G concourse AC men's room has been leaking for a few weeks now.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
I flew into PHL today on a CRJ, and we went to a ramp gate instead of a jetway gate in Terminally F'ed.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I've noticed that some planes have 7 blue stripes and 6 red stripes on the tail, which is patriotic for AA (as in the spirit of '76), why don't all aircraft have this?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Ice cream sundae ice cream is often too hard at first.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mcrw00
Ice cream sundae ice cream is often too hard at first.
Now you're talking!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
On a recent flight, the flight attendant said the ice cream was strawberry but it was actually some kind of peppermint. I don’t like peppermint ice cream, and it was sad watching it turn from a rock into a pool over the next hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.