Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Two weeks ago outbound from DCA the tray with my split breakfast biscuit w/scrambled eggs was fully equipped, with one of those mini bottles of tabasco. Last week-no tabasco But I always have a few in the briefcase anyway, along with a small shaker of Old Bay - so I survived lol.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
I'm sure it's been complained about before. No warmer on this plane so my nuts were cold instead of warm.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by badkneeski
I'm sure it's been complained about before. No warmer on this plane so my nuts were cold instead of warm.
Gentlemen, please, no more talk about them. TMI.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
I'm EXP. My miles + copay upgrades for a group of 4 cleared this afternoon for tomorrow... just a couple of minutes after the 24 hour window to pre-order meals.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nkedel
I'm EXP. My miles + copay upgrades for a group of 4 cleared this afternoon for tomorrow... just a couple of minutes after the 24 hour window to pre-order meals.
Outrageous!!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
AA.com still has a banner (towards the bottom) advertising Independence Day Deals
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
AA.com still has a banner (towards the bottom) advertising Independence Day Deals
They fly to France, non?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Gentlemen, please, no more talk about them. TMI.
For the record, the two women in first class had cold nuts, too.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM Hilton Diamond Bon Voy Lifetime Platinum Elite
I am really tired of the disabled pre boarders who limp down the jet bridge... That aren't really disabled at all. I watched a guy do this on a flight yesterday and after we landed he RAN right by me to catch the Sky Link at DFW.... just a pet peeve of people trying to secure that overhead space.. lol
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by gboots
I am really tired of the disabled pre boarders who limp down the jet bridge... That aren't really disabled at all. I watched a guy do this on a flight yesterday and after we landed he RAN right by me to catch the Sky Link at DFW.... just a pet peeve of people trying to secure that overhead space.. lol
A "miracle flight", as I like to call them.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:57 am

Not enough "champagne" was catered on #123 to HNL, so PDB was just OJ and water. No Mimosas!! The horror!!!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by davesam12
Not enough "champagne" was catered on #123 to HNL, so PDB was just OJ and water. No Mimosas!! The horror!!!
I would rank that in the "substantive" complaint department.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
I would rank that in the "substantive" complaint department.
Well, you're right. We have been flying #123 for years and first time, I can recall, no pre flight "champagne". (btw I always put AA "champagne" in quotes to not to get flamed about AA domestic "champagne" not really being "champagne".
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by davesam12
(btw I always put AA "champagne" in quotes to not to get flamed about AA domestic "champagne" not really being "champagne".
Accurate. ^
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gboots
Not stupid or least substantive, especially when these 'disabled' pre-boarders end up delaying the flight w/their games, which happened to me last month out of CLT.

Like the OP, the pre-boarder who caused the delay ran by me, & into me, after we landed in PHX because he was so eager to get to his family waiting outside the concourse. While he was standing there looking for them, I made a point of asking him where his wheelchair was for which he had no answer.

While I know there are many pax who are truly disabled & truly need assistance, I think they've been overtaken by those who just game the system now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.