Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA App for the Apple iPhone / iOS - Questions, Issues

The iPhone American Airlines app now (Sep 2014) requires iOS 8.0 to run properly. If you have an earlier iPhone you do not wish to update from iOS 7 or previous versions due to battery usage and reported slowness, the AA app now requires updating to iOS 8 to communicate and exchange data with AA.

The previous iPhone American Airlines App works with iOS 7.0 and was originally released September 2013; the newest version is 3.4.1 (for fixes for iPad crashes). Further information can be found in the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/american-airlines/id382698565?mt=8

cubuffaloes2004 states:

"What's New in Version 3.3.0
- Now retrieve your mobile boarding pass for AA flights (for eligible cities) on itineraries with codeshare flights
- Ability to change your seat on US Airways flights
- Upon check in, see status of systemwide and 500-mile upgrade requests
- Mobile boarding pass redesign/enhancements
- Smarter search capabilities on Flight Status and Schedules
- Various other bug fixes"

Also displays the incoming flight.

The posts from 2011 and prior to then have been archived; you may find them here: Archive: AA iPhone app - questions and issues (2011 and prior)

Print Wikipost

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
CDG, FCO, MXP are supposed to be able to accept mobile boarding passes. PVG can not.

See the aa.com airport's page to verify if your airport supports mobile boarding passes here.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
CDG, FCO, MXP are supposed to be able to accept mobile boarding passes. PVG can not.

See the aa.com airport's page to verify if your airport supports mobile boarding passes here.
It's FCO. Family traveling on a separate reservation were able to get mobile boarding passes.

The strange thing is that I get a 404 (This page has taken flight) error when looking at the reservation on aa.com.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by josmul123

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm about to receive my first SSSS boarding pass. Is that what's happening here?
That was my experience with BA at LHR on a AA award in April. Got the SSSS and the worthless security questions at secondary screening at the gate...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: Aadvantage, SPG
I'm traveling with my 3 children. Can I use the iphone app for boarding passes for my whole family?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:58 pm

I've done it for one PNR, but with a smaller party.

Last edited by rrgg; Jul 26, 2017 at 5:41 am
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by DCflyerAA-YX
That was my experience with BA at LHR on a AA award in April. Got the SSSS and the worthless security questions at secondary screening at the gate...
Yup. SSSS on the boarding pass. Nothing yet. I'm in the lounge. I wonder if this will be questions or if there is more to it.

We had IRROPS on the outbound, and my reservation after rebooking appears to be a one way in the system, not a round trip. That's probably why it happened.

I knew it.

Edit: so it was just a bag and hand swab. No big deal, but my onward flight shows no pre check. Boo.

Last edited by josmul123; Jul 26, 2017 at 3:45 am
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by josmul123
Yup. SSSS on the boarding pass. Nothing yet. I'm in the lounge. I wonder if this will be questions or if there is more to it.

We had IRROPS on the outbound, and my reservation after rebooking appears to be a one way in the system, not a round trip. That's probably why it happened.

I knew it.

Edit: so it was just a bag and hand swab. No big deal, but my onward flight shows no pre check. Boo.
Once you get to your connecting point have an AAgent at the recheck desk remove your AAdvantage and Known Traveler Number from the reservation, then add it back. Has worked the past 2 times I've been SSSS'd on HKG-DFW and MUC-PHL.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by uyman
I'm traveling with my 3 children. Can I use the iphone app for boarding passes for my whole family?
Yes, but you will have to have the BPs emailed to you, and then save them one-by-one into your iPhone Wallet.

They will not all come up in the AA iPhone app. Only your BP will.

...at least that has been my experience as of July 5th, when I last traveled with the fam.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
Yes, but you will have to have the BPs emailed to you, and then save them one-by-one into your iPhone Wallet.

...at least that has been my experience as of July 5th, when I last traveled with the fam.
Adding them one by one is easy, but I'm just curious. Was your family on a single PNR or multiple?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by rrgg
Adding them one by one is easy, but I'm just curious. Was your family on a single PNR or multiple?
Single PNR.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Once you get to your connecting point have an AAgent at the recheck desk remove your AAdvantage and Known Traveler Number from the reservation, then add it back. Has worked the past 2 times I've been SSSS'd on HKG-DFW and MUC-PHL.
My connecting boarding pass didn't have SSSS. I reprinted at the kiosk, got one that did. Threw it in the trash and went through regular security line.

Nothing red flagged at security. Hopefully nothing flags are the gate. Boarding soon.

Edit: standard beep and no additional security. Hooray!

Last edited by josmul123; Jul 26, 2017 at 3:57 pm
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by runpete
I had a similar issue when I flew home to the US via CDG-LHR. I couldn't get my boarding pass after I checked in. The app kept telling me to see an AA agent at the airport. When I got to the airport, I went to AA who sent me to BA (first leg). BA had both my boarding passes ready. Nothing was wrong, although I was left confused. I got home without any issues.
If BA was the first leg, why would you check in with the AA app and not the BA one?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by DCflyerAA-YX
If someone has SSSS on their BP and try to slip something past security they must be morons..... What is the point of telling people they are getting screen again? If they really were carrying something dangerous they could just hand it off to someone else.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
If someone has SSSS on their BP and try to slip something past security they must be morons..... What is the point of telling people they are getting screen again? If they really were carrying something dangerous they could just hand it off to someone else.
Not a clue especially since my wife was on the same reservation and she could have taken my carry on on board since she didn't get the SSSS. I guess we would have to ask "experts" at DHS...
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: Aadvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by econometrics

Cool!!! That works for me! (Thanks!)

Last edited by uyman; Jul 26, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.