Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

5.5hr delay in DFW on LHR-SFO. Can I invoke EU delay compensation rules?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, UA Gold

I booked a business class ticket with miles from SFO-ORD-LHR-CDG, then from LHR-DFW-SFO on the return, but when I got to Dallas the plane to SFO was broken. They delayed the flight departure by 5.5 hours with no compensation or real apology. Since the routing originated in London do you think I can invoke the EU payments scheme?

If not what's a fair compensation anyone's seen AA give for a delay like this on an award ticket?
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by brarob1
I booked a business class ticket with miles from SFO-ORD-LHR-CDG, then from LHR-DFW-SFO on the return, but when I got to Dallas the plane to SFO was broken. They delayed the flight departure by 5.5 hours with no compensation or real apology. Since the routing originated in London do you think I can invoke the EU payments scheme?

If not what's a fair compensation anyone's seen AA give for a delay like this on an award ticket?
No
A food voucher at DFW if u are lucky.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'd wait a few days and see if some unsolicited miles don't show up in your AAdvantage account.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Take a look through the compensation master thread and you'll get an accurate idea of what compensation AA gives in cases like this. It has lots of flight delay cases in it.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:44 pm
Suspended

The below link has a Q and A on the EU policy. It would seem if it was a single flight number LHR-DFW-SFO you might have a shot since it would only apply to an AA "flight" departing the EU the way I read it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...irlineindustry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.