Wiki Posts
Search

aa.com displaying wrong date of travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
aa.com displaying wrong date of travel

Here's one I haven't seen before, and I'm hoping someone here can share some insight:

I booked a quick trip DCA-SLC, as follows:

DCA-PHX-SLC on February 23 in the morning

SLC-CLT-DCA leaving at 2359 on February 23, with CLT-DCA on the morning of the 24th.

Then a new schedule was loaded, and the SLC-CLT flight was retimed from 2359 to 0025. And here's the problem:

When I pull up the reservation on aa.com, it shows me flying SLC-CLT-DCA on February *23*, leaving at 0025 - that's before I get to SLC! I need to fly out of SLC early on February 24, not February 23. Further, when I clicked on "Create Notification", it shows February 23 for both SLC-CLT and CLT-DCA.

So I called EXP and the helpful agent said, "You're fine. On my screen those flights are on the 24th," and her tone indicated that I should just accept that and move on. I explained that that's not good enough, and that I need to see the flights showing on the correct day or I don't have a leg to stand on if something goes wrong. She sounded annoyed that I would want such a thing, so I HUed with the intention of CAing.

Before I do that, can anybody give me some insight into what's going on here, and how I can be assured that my booking is on the correct day?

Thank you!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Update: The second EXP agent I got said that my itinerary looks right (showing the return flights on the 24th) and said she'd send me an e-mail confirmation.

The e-mail never came, and aa.com still shows me returning on the 23rd, before I depart.

What must I do to get AA to confirm that my flights are on the correct day after an involuntary schedule change? An agent's word on the phone simply isn't good enough when the website continues to display information that is wrong.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
I don't know if this is the best way or not but if verbal confirmation isn't good enough, and I understand why it wouldn't be, don't contact them in a way that allows for verbal confirmation.

In other words, don't call. Use the online form to submit your concern. You've got time before your flight to do this and then you'll have a written response from them.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Does the reservation mention a DeLorean with Mr. Fusion power ?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Not even close to the same thing as the OP, but on trips that span multiple days, after the refresh of AA.com, there's now no way to know for sure when you're arriving. For example, if you leave from LAX and arrive in SYD +2 and then continue on to CNS, all you see is Departs on DATE and have no idea that you arrive in CNS on DATE +2. They really should designate changes in dates somewhere like they used to.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by discoverCSG
Update: The second EXP agent I got said that my itinerary looks right (showing the return flights on the 24th) and said she'd send me an e-mail confirmation.

The e-mail never came, and aa.com still shows me returning on the 23rd, before I depart.

What must I do to get AA to confirm that my flights are on the correct day after an involuntary schedule change? An agent's word on the phone simply isn't good enough when the website continues to display information that is wrong.
Have you talked to Web Services? Or contacted AA via Facebook?
The people who handle FB were very helpful in resolving a voucher issue, as 7 agents and supervisors had told me my voucher had to be used on AA flights or codeshares, despite the restriction indicating only the TATL flight had to be on AA or a codeshare and the remainder just had to be one world.
This was logical since the voucher was a from a refund of an AA flight to LHR followed by a BA flight to TLV.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Early AM pmUS flights were always listed as part of the previous day during searches, but still displayed the correct date in itineraries. Perhaps this quirk is a function of how those flights are loaded into the AA system?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: ExPlAAt; United 1K
Originally Posted by discoverCSG
Here's one I haven't seen before, and I'm hoping someone here can share some insight:
I just noticed something sort of similar on a March itinerary: XXX-DFW-HKG-SGN. When I call up my itinerary (I called it up once for seat assignments, since then to see if this is fixed), this is how the itinerary shows:

OUTBOUND
XXX-DFW
DFW-HKG

INBOUND
SGN-NRT
NRT-ORD
ORD-XXX
HKG-SGN (with the correct outbound date)

It's very disconcerting. CS has assured me that everything is properly ticketed, but, boy, does it bug me.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
I also have a reservation with a one night stopover. All 3 flights are shown under the same day when I open the reservation on aa.com, but the actual dates are fine when I open "Print trip and receipt".
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackonferry

It's very disconcerting. CS has assured me that everything is properly ticketed, but, boy, does it bug me.
THIS.

We've all read the horror stories on here - somebody's boarding pass doesn't scan properly and subsequent legs get cancelled and the person has a choice between flying F (that they paid for) 3 days from now or riding later tonight in seat 143B.

I don't want that to be me, and the only way I have confidence going to the airport is if I can show somebody a copy of a reservation. Can you imagine the look on a GA's face if I'm denied boarding over this issue and my only reply is, "But I called the EXP line and they said it would be fine"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.