Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 20, 10, 7:29 pm   #16
OFV
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: TUS/NYC/LAS
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 45
At DFW yesterday and saw a Gogo "rep" soliciting passengers on a flight to LGA by passing out a card. Anyone know if the card had a promo code? BTW no Gogo Rep at boarding on my DFW-LGA flt last week.
OFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 10, 9:43 pm   #17
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Gold
Posts: 637
No idea about that specific situation, but not likely. My partner came back from JFK on DL recently, and it was just a card listing all the different plans and passes you can buy on Gogo. No code.
MrPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 10, 6:06 am   #18
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW, SEA and AA in between
Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFV View Post
At DFW yesterday and saw a Gogo "rep" soliciting passengers on a flight to LGA by passing out a card. Anyone know if the card had a promo code?
No.

They were also soliciting on DFW-SEA. It was just a card with the usual three price options (mobile, laptop and laptop/monthly pass).
__________________
-----Burton
BStrauss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 10, 10:03 pm   #19
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Plat, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Posts: 1,485
c'mon people! I am flying both Thursday and Friday. We simply must pull together by then! Codes! Let it rain codes!
__________________
Check Out My Really Cool Aviation Photography on FlyerFocus.com
pushback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 10, 10:44 pm   #20
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 6,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushback View Post
c'mon people! I am flying both Thursday and Friday. We simply must pull together by then! Codes! Let it rain codes!
Hahaha... I'm also flying out on Friday night, well, Saturday actually. Of the three segments, only one of them will have GoGo. Where are the codes?
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 10, 4:50 pm   #21
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MSP/DFW
Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club PLT
Posts: 280
It seems GoGo's scheme has worked perfectly. Spoil us with free access/promo codes for months, and then stop, leaving us begging for more codes. What are we to do?? Purchase access?? That would be so un-FT'er.

I finally had a flight w/ GoGo last Friday (first one in a long time), only to find myself with no promo codes. I felt abandoned and helpless. I simply could not talk myself into dropping the $9.95.
genotonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 10, 5:09 pm   #22
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Plat, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by genotonda View Post
It seems GoGo's scheme has worked perfectly. Spoil us with free access/promo codes for months, and then stop, leaving us begging for more codes. What are we to do?? Purchase access?? That would be so un-FT'er.

I finally had a flight w/ GoGo last Friday (first one in a long time), only to find myself with no promo codes. I felt abandoned and helpless. I simply could not talk myself into dropping the $9.95.
Seems that if you did not drop the $10 their evil plan did not work so well after all. I too flew a pair of transcons last week. If I had free gogo codes I would not have spent so much time enjoying my book ("Outliers"). Great book. I am not going to make Internet access a necessity for myself while in the air. My employer may, someday--but not me!

Sorry GoGo. Maybe if we all hold out they will have to spring some new codes on us.
__________________
Check Out My Really Cool Aviation Photography on FlyerFocus.com
pushback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 10, 9:34 pm   #23
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW, SEA and AA in between
Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Posts: 1,017
They had a promo on-board today - the pick your dot race. I came in 2nd and 'won' a 50% discount code.
__________________
-----Burton
BStrauss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 10, 11:27 pm   #24
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Plat, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by BStrauss3 View Post
They had a promo on-board today - the pick your dot race. I came in 2nd and 'won' a 50% discount code.
I don't know about you but I think those dot races are all rigged.
__________________
Check Out My Really Cool Aviation Photography on FlyerFocus.com
pushback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 10, 11:42 pm   #25
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PEK, SFO, NYC
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by BStrauss3 View Post
They had a promo on-board today - the pick your dot race. I came in 2nd and 'won' a 50% discount code.
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "pick your dot" race?
doodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 10, 6:39 am   #26
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW, SEA and AA in between
Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodley View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "pick your dot" race?
You, Sir/Madam have never had the joy of attending a minor league american baseball game where the art of self promotion rules. You really should - just to see - I once parlayed a single free ticket into 7 glorious seats over 3 games...

For "the dot race", you get a choice of three colored dots on the back of your ticket or on a particular page of the program. After your make your selection, there is a race - shown on the JumboTron (TM). One dot usually gets far ahead, only to be lapped by the other two, leading to a win by a whisker. The 1/3 of the audience who's ticket has the appropriate colorded dot wins a valuable prize. Often sponsored by the local water delivery service and the prize is a free ticket to tomorrows game, with the 'losers' winning $5 off a case of delivered water.

In the GoGo case the dot's are attached to helicopters which rise up to a particular height. My consolation prize was a 50% discount code.
__________________
-----Burton
BStrauss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 10, 8:40 am   #27
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SJC
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 31,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushback View Post
Sorry GoGo. Maybe if we all hold out they will have to spring some new codes on us.
Why? If we're not paying for it, what incentive do they have to continue to give it to us for free? How would our "hold out" pressure them?

I was on a late DFW-SJC with GoGo. Had it been free, I would have used it. But I didn't really need it, so I read/slept instead.

Cheers.
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 10, 11:55 am   #28
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Southern California/Los Angeles
Programs: AA EXP Hyatt PLT Hilton GLD HA,AS,VX all at PEON level
Posts: 2,517
Go to the GoGo website and play the game mentioned below (or above depending on how your Flyer Talk prefs are set). You win either a discount code or a free GoGo session...everyone wins.

Great GoGo Race: GoGo
Robt760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 10, 12:06 pm   #29
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St Louis, MO
Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robt760 View Post
Go to the GoGo website and play the game mentioned below (or above depending on how your Flyer Talk prefs are set). You win either a discount code or a free GoGo session...everyone wins.

Great GoGo Race: GoGo
Sweet!! Thanks! I jut won a free session!
__________________
Slowly but surely towards the next AA MM - 2,470,403 - VERY slowly now w/o CC miles counting!
pkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 10, 12:16 pm   #30
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PEK, SFO, NYC
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by BStrauss3 View Post
You, Sir/Madam have never had the joy of attending a minor league american baseball game where the art of self promotion rules. You really should - just to see - I once parlayed a single free ticket into 7 glorious seats over 3 games...

For "the dot race", you get a choice of three colored dots on the back of your ticket or on a particular page of the program. After your make your selection, there is a race - shown on the JumboTron (TM). One dot usually gets far ahead, only to be lapped by the other two, leading to a win by a whisker. The 1/3 of the audience who's ticket has the appropriate colorded dot wins a valuable prize. Often sponsored by the local water delivery service and the prize is a free ticket to tomorrows game, with the 'losers' winning $5 off a case of delivered water.

In the GoGo case the dot's are attached to helicopters which rise up to a particular height. My consolation prize was a 50% discount code.

Ohhhh! I was confused by the "dot" terminology - I've seen these races as horses, or boats, or other animated objects at sporting events etc. For some reason, I assumed it was one of those contraptions where you pick a lollipop, each of which has a colored dot on the bottom corresponding to your prize, lol. Thanks for the clarification!
doodley is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:56 pm.