Search

December 31 flights?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Global Services , Marriott Platinum
Question December 31 flights?

Hello,

I attempted to find this in search, but didn't see anything specific. I am a little short for EXP but only have time for a mileage run on Dec 30/31. I have a few questions regarding flight crediting late in the year. If a flight departs prior to midnight on Dec 31, but lands on January 1st, is that still credited as 2013 travel? And what if the flight (scheduled for 9:55pm) is delayed and departs after midnight?

I realize that lots could go wrong with such a last minute mileage run, but I'm still going to give it a shot. I considered the buy-up option, but the mileage run (+ incidentals) would be several hundred dollars cheaper and I feel better about qualifying with flights.

Thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 1:01 pm

Yes. 2013. Doesn't matter when it ultimately departs; matters when it's scheduled.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by KimmyAA
I realize that lots could go wrong with such a last minute mileage run, but I'm still going to give it a shot.
Even with some of the things that could go wrong, you'll probably be OK. A couple of years ago my 12/31 requalifying flight was cancelled and I was rerouted on another carrier. I was nervous for a couple of days, but received original routing credit, including retroactive EQMs, without any difficulty.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Global Services , Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the replies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.