Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aa.com : ticket status "purchased", not "ticketed" normal??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:52 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by seawolf
I echo UAAAPeter concern's with aa.com. With ua.bomb, it issues the ticket immediately once you hit purchase. Why is there such a lag with the aa.com?
I'm not sure of the reason, other than "welcome to AA.com," but it does have at least one advantage. While changes made after a ticket is purchased will incur a fee (for the non-refundable type) the agents will often allow fee-free changes before the status goes to "Ticketed." I've taken advantage of this a couple of times when I've made mistakes, and never (yet) been bitten by the "Purchased" -> "Ticketed" transition.

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2009, 8:37 am

'Purchased' - not ticketed

If the ticket has been displayed as purchased and not ticketed, can AA then turn around in a weeks time and say that this fare / seat is no longer available? Or is my seat and price guaranteed?
Old May 12, 2009, 8:44 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mothepro
If the ticket has been displayed as purchased and not ticketed, can AA then turn around in a weeks time and say that this fare / seat is no longer available? Or is my seat and price guaranteed?
Once it is 'Purchased" you're all set. No need to worry.

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2009, 9:41 am

Thanks Brp.
Old May 12, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rumrunner102
I have had some problems with the "purchased" not "ticketed" thing with Amex. Both times it was because Amex put a hold on my account and I didn't know about it. One time it was because of my Bulgarian and Serbian charges which instigated a hold; another, I purchased 8 tickets over a day or two, and they held only on the last couple. I have a platinum card fwiw. Calls from and to Amex cleared it up, but I had AA contact me after a couple of days to tell me there was a problem with the card, which was declined the first time and apparently not run again.
So can you ask your credit card company to automatically place holds for Airlines tickets purchased? This would in essence make all your AA tickets refundable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.