Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AAdvantage Executive card, 1 Day Pass

Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club Annual and Citi Executive Card Memberships

and

One Day Passes

Link to Admirals Club membership page (including rates, etc.

ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP (including Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard)

1. The most economical way to gain full Club membership is with the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World EliteTM MasterCard ($450 annual fee). See Citi / AAdvantage Executive World EliteTM MasterCard. Also see Link to Citi / AAdvantage Executive World EliteTM MasterCard Terms and Conditions.

Authorized cardholders are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well (not Alaska or Qantas Clubs, etc.) and may guest Immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests.

2. Annual membership can be purchased. The rate depends on your status. See the page linked to above to determine your fee in US Dollars or AA miles (you can also use Business Extra Points from the Business Extra account). If you have not held membership, there is also a $50.00 initiation fee. See link

3. "Household" memberships are also sold for spouses, people who are spousal equivalents and registered domestic partners.

4. Where members can go
  • Domestic and international Admirals Club locations
  • All Alaska Airlines Lounges (when departing on flights marketed and operated by American, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America)
  • All Qantas Clubs (when departing on same-day flights operated by Qantas, or operated by American out of Auckland, New Zealand or Sydney, Australia)
  • Select partner lounges operated by third parties (on same-day flights operated by American)
5. Members may host Immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests.

6. If members have airside access and are not flying AA, they may access the Admirals Club. If they do not have airside access, they no longer can get a gate pass through the Club or from ticket agents. See below.

Thirty day memberships are no longer available as of 25 Jul 2016.

WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN Admirals Club lounges?

Welcome to the Admirals Club! (link)

What's complimentary:
  • Wi-Fi
  • House wine, beer and spirits
  • Light snacks as well as coffee, specialty coffee drinks, tea and soft drinks (now expanded to oatmeal and baked goods mornings, soups, guacamole to order afternoons)
  • Personal use computers with Internet access*
  • Cyber-cafes*
  • Power outlets to help you stay connected
  • Work areas with access to copiers and printers
  • Shower suites*
  • Childrens play areas*
  • Personal travel assistance with your reservations
  • As well as other amenities including:
  • Premium brand spirits available for purchase in all U.S. locations**
  • Food for purchase** in most U.S. locations (menus may vary by location)
  • Conference rooms* (discounted member rates and catering available)
  • Admirals Club lounge
*In select locations
**Complimentary in international club locations

Link to Admirals Club Drinks /Spirits Offerings & Policies (link)

ONE DAY PASS

American Airlines also sells a One Day Pass for $59, usable by one person (non-transferable and non-refundable) good for any Clubs* the individual may have access to during their travel day (and if traveling overnight the first Club in the point of arrival the following day if the member can access a inside or Club location).

*one day pass holders may be denied access for capacity reasons at Clubs under refurbishment.

NOTE: The sale of One Day Passes is generally suspended at Admirals Clubs under active refurbishment.

One Day Pass does not offer any membership privileges, and allows no (adult) guest privileges, although up to 3 children under the age of 18 years of age may be admitted at no additional charge with adult One-Day Pass visitor. Those One Day Pass holders purchasing a full Admirals Club membership within 30 days will get a $59 credit applied to their membership fee.

One day pass links no longer work; one day passes may no longer be purchased on line. Purchase one day passes at airport Clubs not under refurbishment.

Notes: *Please note Admirals Club lounges in Canada, Europe, Asia, Central and South America located beyond passport control may not be accessible due to airport imposed restrictions. These include: BOG, CCS, CDG, GIG, GRU, LHR, MEX, NRT, SCL, YYZ.

● Admirals Club has reciprocity agreements for access under specified conditions to Alaska Airlines Board Room, Qantas Club, and some individual lounges (e.g. DUB, DUS, FRA, MXP, ZRH etc. Please use the Lounge Dashboard "sticky" thread to easily find the threads discussing these other airline lounge access requirements and to the master threads pertaining to specific lounges. (These do not apply to One Dap Pass holders.)

● Note: Members are able to contact Admirals Club Member Services (see below) 24 hours in advance even when not flying and request gate passes for themselves and others meeting at an Admirals Club for business purposes:

[quote]VISITING THE Admirals Club WHEN NOT FLYING

Members not flying can access Clubs when they have airside access and the airport doesnt restrict lounge access to departing passengers.

Members can not secure a gate pass from a ticket agent.

Members can not secure a gate pass with merely "declared business purpose" for themselves and others any longer (14 Sep 2016).

Members and non-members can schedule and attend business meetings in the Admirals Club or Executive Center without traveling if they have rented a conference room in a Club with such and are registered on the daily meeting list. See below.

This requires arrangements at least 24 hours in advance.

FAQ link including a Club access.

Q. I am a member and would like to meet someone at the airport, but I'm not flying today. Can I get through Security to get to the Admirals Club lounge?

A: No. Only those registered in advance and attending a conference in a rented conference room may have access. Casual access / walking up to the ticket counter to request a gate pass is not permitted; please do not put employees in an uncomfortable position by asking.

To do so you must :
  • Present a valid government I.D.
  • Have your name on the daily meeting list
To add names of those attending an event in a rented conference room to the daily meeting list, call at least 24 hours in advance:
  • Admirals Club number/AAdvantage number
  • Legal name as it appears on government issued identification for each individual
  • Birth dates, including year, for each individual (maximum of two guests allowed for non-conference room meeting)*
  • Location, date and time of non-conference room meeting
We will arrange for Security clearance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to allow you to get to the lounge. This opportunity is available for Admirals Club members only (and their authorized guests), and you will be required to show your Admirals Club membership card, along with a government-issued photo ID.

*(Times corrected to current service center hours)

Q. CAN I PUR HASE A FULLY REFUNDABLE AA TICKET FOR ACCESS?

It's honestly not a good idea, as this practice is specifically prohibited by American Airlines' Conditions of Carriage (Link):

American specifically prohibits practices commonly known as:

...Fraudulent, fictitious and abusive bookings: Fraudulent, fictitious and/or abusive bookings are prohibited. These types of bookings are defined as ... or to gain access to airport facilities....

CONTACTING Admirals Club

Have questions or comments about our Admirals Club lounges? Need information about locations, membership or club amenities?

Send us an email

Visit our web page

Call us
Within the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico: 800-237-7971

Other locations: 817-963-6100; 817-963-6015 (Fax)

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
Admirals Club
4333 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 5307
Fort Worth, TX 76155

Executive Card - additional information: As one Club employee posted on millionmilesecrets:

"* Here are the rulesI work at the Club

1. Only the primary card holder is a member. Note the word member... The member is allowed to bring in 2 guests Or immediate family which cannot exceed 2 people over 18 and all children under 18. For example John cannot bring in his wife, his 2 daughters and their husbands. He can bring in 2. If his daughters are under 18 they do not count toward the guest count of 2...

NOTE: Please read this wiki thoroughly to see the recent changes allowing access to authorized users / secondary or ancillary card holders.

2. Our computers tell us if one is an authorized user. (Your AAdvantage number and if you are a cardholder in good standing - jd.)

3. Choice of airline doesnt matter (as long as you have airside access). You can fly anyone and access the Club. We might not be able to help you with your ticketing but you can come in to charge your phone or computer or even use ours, all the while enjoying a complimentary glass of wine or well drink".

"House Rules" link to updated Club Terms and Conditions, including house rules.

HOUSE RULES

• During your visit to an Admirals Club lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
  • American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Admirals Club lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.
  • As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devises such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.
  • Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Admirals Club lounges.
  • American reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
  • Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Admirals Club are for consumption and use inside the Admirals Club only and may not be removed.
  • Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Admirals Club lounges.
  • Service animals are welcome in Admirals Club lounges. Quiet pets accompanying guests onboard the aircraft are also permitted, provided they remain in their carry-on kennels.
  • Families with small children and nursing mothers may use family rooms in Admirals Club lounges, where available.
  • Any conduct that is deemed by American to be inappropriate, undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent is prohibited, and American reserves the right to remove any member or visitor for such conduct, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.

Older posts have archived. Link to archive thread.

Update: 24 Jan 2018 by JDiver

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AAdvantage Executive card, 1 Day Pass

Old Jun 1, 2007, 3:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

Welcome to the Citi and Barclays Reduced AAdvantage Miles Awards thread.

May your flights be uncomplicated and on time.

The combined American Airlines | AAdvantage forum Moderation Team

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 18, 2015 at 2:41 pm Reason: Upda te
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AAdvantage Executive W. E. card (master thread)

Citi / AAdvantage Executive World EliteTM MasterCard Admirals Club Membership

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 28, 2018 at 1:11 pm Reason: Update
Old Nov 26, 2011, 6:40 pm

Citi AAdvantage / Executive World Elite card Club membership, etc. (master thread)

Came across this old post, wondered about the rules for new Citi Card:

UPDATE: Blog reader Larry (Thanks, Larry!!) confirms receiving both personal Amex and Visa cards on May 31, 2011 and reminds us that the spend start date is the date you get approved for the card, NOT the date when you call to activate the card!

I thought it was too late to get the new Citi Exec card and have it be "open and in good standing" by Dec 1. Would someone confirm that?
It's too late to get it by mail and then to activate it.

But anyway, I phoned Citi today and asked if there were any way of getting around this
First I was told it was too late.
Then the rep said, on second thought, if I got approved right then (everyone I've spoken with claims they can tell you immediately (?)), he could open a limited credit line until I activated the card.
Wouldn't a limited credit line (and, as Larry posted, a "spend date" that began with approval) imply that you'd be given a card number?
But I take it that's not enough: you can spend on the card even before it is activated, but it's not open and in good standing?

After the rep said he could open an account with limited credit until I activated the card, he said that would not, after all, count as "open and in good standing," because Citi couldn't know if the account was in "good standing" until 1 or 2 billing cycles had passed.
I said this didn't make sense, because "open and in good standing by Dec. 1" sounded as if it just had to be open and that you hadn't just tried one charge which was refused (that would be pretty bad standing!), or something like that. Otherwise, it was misleading to say "open and good standing by Dec. 1"--if you had to go through 1 or 2 billing cycles first.

He said that if the language had said simply that the account must be "open by Dec. 1" then it would be OK and I'd have beat the deadline (for having all charged miles count toward Million Miler).
But since it said "open and in good standing by Dec. 1," there had to be sufficient activity to demonstrate "good standing."

Does this make sense to everyone else (and just not to me?)

I guess that it IS too late anyway, because Larry said that "spend start" begins with approval, not with activation.
But I still wondered why that couldn't count as "open and in good standing."

Thanks,
Xerxes2001

Last edited by xerxes2001; Nov 26, 2011 at 6:46 pm
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by xerxes2001
I guess that it IS too late anyway, because Larry said that "spend start" begins with approval, not with activation.
But I still wondered why that couldn't count as "open and in good standing."

Thanks,
Xerxes2001
I am confused. Approval would occur before activation.
Today is Nov 27. If approval needs to be before Dec 1, why are you too late?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:31 pm

too late for new Citi card to count for MM

Thanks for replying.

Too late because "open and in good standing" requires being activated.
Maybe that completes "open," even if approval (and spending?) can already be taking place.

Doesn't make entire sense to me, but that's what I was told.

Xerxes
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:10 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
Lounge Access with new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage World EliteTM MasterCard

Can you and has anyone used the new card to access a lounge other than the Admiral's club? Thinking of airports where there is no aa lounge but are one world lounge(s).
Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Not a chance.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ernie8575
Can you and has anyone used the new card to access a lounge other than the Admiral's club? Thinking of airports where there is no aa lounge but are one world lounge(s).
Thanks.
All normal OneWorld rules for access by class of service or Elite status apply, the card will do nothing for you there in much the same way as AC membership is no help either.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Essentially, think of the new Citi Executive card as an Admirals Club card in functionality. If you qualify by status or flight service level, you will be able to access, but not because you proffer a Citi Executive card.

The unanswered question is if it will grant access in clubs that offer reciprocity with Admirals Clubs (QP, iirc).

If you are meaning some other card than the Executive card, ignore this post... (or, RBP/AMP and ask for a thread retitle).

Originally Posted by ernie8575
Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by JDiver
The unanswered question is if it will grant access in clubs that offer reciprocity with Admirals Clubs (QP, iirc).
I believe QF (if flying domestically within Australia) and AS (if flying ex- ANC, PDX, or SEA on AA) both have reciprocity with Admirals Club membership. I recently switched from many years of AC membership to the new Citi "black card" as the AAngels call it, and I'm wondering if it will get me into the Boardroom when traveling ex-SEA. Anyone tried it yet?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:14 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Citi and AA should avoid this confusion by sending out a separate AC card, as UA/CO does with the Chase PresPlat card. (one of the few things I like about Chase)
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
AA isn't the only carrier that incorporates a credit card with a lounge access card or even a elite status into one single card.

JAL has been doing this for years with their own credit cards which acts as JGC cards which grants them lounge access as well.

AC agents here in the US or other OW lounge dragons across the world are very well used to seeing JGC credit cards as a lounge entry card from JAL elites.

I don't see why not a CitiExec Card that acts as an AC card would be any different than that.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
I believe QF (if flying domestically within Australia) and AS (if flying ex- ANC, PDX, or SEA on AA) both have reciprocity with Admirals Club membership. I recently switched from many years of AC membership to the new Citi "black card" as the AAngels call it, and I'm wondering if it will get me into the Boardroom when traveling ex-SEA. Anyone tried it yet?
Yes, worked like a charm in SEA, as long as you're on AA.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Exactly what I was referencing - and though everything so far has worked with my Citi Exec card, I have not tried it in Godzone / Oz / Australia, nor with AS Board Room flying AA - though MsEverywhere's post is heartening indeed and it looks like you will be fine.^

The big issue is whether the Qantas Club / lounge agents will know of the card and the fact it basically confers all standard AC membership privileges.

Mod hat on: N.B. I am going to presumptively change the thread title (unless the OP AMP/RBP or PMs me to let me know the original question was not about the "black card"). And if this is about the "black card" it may well be merged with an existing thread for member convenience. /Mod hat off

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA
Source: http://www.aa.com/edgedownloads/rest...miralsClub.pdf

2. Will any Admirals Clubs be closed in the future?

We remain committed to operating a worldwide network of Admirals Clubs, and will continue modernization initiatives currently underway, including extensive renovation of the New York LaGuardia club in Concourse D and construction of a new Admirals Club in Concourse C. Additionally, we are enhancing Admirals Club memberships by providing access to more lounges worldwide. Through expanded access agreements with select oneworld and other partner airlines, Admirals Club members are now able to experience premium lounges in destinations where American flies but does not have an Admirals Club, including Seattle, Portland, Budapest, Delhi, Beijing and Shanghai.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.