Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 6, 08, 10:19 am   #1
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 4,093
Pulling up aa.com reservations

Is there anyway to see my aa.com reservation online when I get this message:

Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com. Please contact AA Reservations

It was viewable before on aa.com but not now. I've tried virtuallythere.com,checkmytrip.com and the LAN website but it either says invalid record locator or the surname must match the booking code.

Thanks
3544quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 10:46 am   #2
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SJC/VCE
Programs: AA EXP (2.4 MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GLD
Posts: 9,140
Are you waiting for an upgrade to clear? Usually when I get that message it is b/c the upgrade is processing. It will be available to view the next day. If your really need to access it now, call AA.
bdemaria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 11:28 am   #3
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 4,093
No, its an award reservation thats already ticketed and has been sitting onthe website for 3 months but has now disappeared. I don't need to access it now but given it is a 16 segment itinerary over 7 months I would like to be able to see it online in case there are any changes so was wondering if there was any other site where this could be done.
3544quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 11:34 am   #4
Senior Moderator/Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and Talkboard Topics
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 41,307
AA Web Services (free call)

US or Canada
1-800-222-2377
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. CT daily

Probably will be more productive than asking us.
__________________
"We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment." - Hilaire Belloc
JDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 11:36 am   #5
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Programs: AA - EXP 1.5 Million Miles, SPG Gold, hertz 5 star
Posts: 498
i'm unable to view miles ... must be a systemwide glitch.
journalist212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 11:43 am   #6
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP (2.7MM)
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by journalist212 View Post
i'm unable to view miles ... must be a systemwide glitch.
same here for everyone in my family.

OP, give it a couple of hours and see if your problem auto-resolves.
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 11:43 am   #7
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Programs: AA Plt
Posts: 343
I think you'll find that quite a few AA.com functions have gone off line in the past hour. One of those is being able to automatically retrieve reservations made elsewhere than AA.com. It's a creaky website. Any refreshes or updates, seemingly no matter how small, will often render other parts useless temporarily. Nothing to panic about, though -- just check back later today!
Ajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 12:40 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP 3.5MM, BAEC, UA MP (virtually nil), Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, Hertz Gold, GlobalEntry/TSA TT
Posts: 2,312
The same thing has happened to me quite a few times, sometimes because my record was being processed for an upgrade or schedule changes, sometimes for mysterious reasons... in any case, waiting 2-4 hours usually is fine.
However, it's time to call if that message hasn't gone away after several hours.
billgrates3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 12:53 pm   #9
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by billgrates3 View Post
The same thing has happened to me quite a few times, sometimes because my record was being processed for an upgrade or schedule changes, sometimes for mysterious reasons... in any case, waiting 2-4 hours usually is fine.
However, it's time to call if that message hasn't gone away after several hours.

Thanks - its been more than 24hrs. But I really want to know if there is another online option for the reasons listed in my last post. Or will ringing and getting info on the schedule change then get the itinerary reinstated on aa.com?
3544quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 2:06 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Programs: AA Plt
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
Thanks - its been more than 24hrs. But I really want to know if there is another online option for the reasons listed in my last post. Or will ringing and getting info on the schedule change then get the itinerary reinstated on aa.com?
Have you tried mobile.aa.com? Sometimes that will work even when the main site is down. There are no third-party websites I know of that store this information in real-time.
Ajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 2:17 pm   #11
pdb
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,732
aa.com still malfunctioning re. account information. The odd thing is that for such an extended period of time one would think that there would be a message posted, such as the message which AA posts when they are updating the accounts.
pdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 2:25 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midwest
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 568
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdb View Post
aa.com still malfunctioning re. account information. The odd thing is that for such an extended period of time one would think that there would be a message posted, such as the message which AA posts when they are updating the accounts.
They must have read your post.
dia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 3:46 pm   #13
Senior Moderator/Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and Talkboard Topics
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 41,307
Folks, let's DO remember Saturday is the big batch processing day at aa.com (yes, the system is that much of a legacy system) and during the first weekend of the month, that can extend well into Sunday, and on occasion even into the wee hours of Monday morning.

Do not panic: I know I have many AAdvantage miles (can't burn the dadgum things fast enough!) and have flown sufficiently to earn Plat and only need one more flightset for EXP this year - yet I show no qualifying activity, no miles earned, no balances, from Feb through "Current." Only my AA-booked reservations show. I am not worried, ommmm! I am not worried, ommmm! I am not...

It will most likely all be back by tomorrow. If anyone has a problem, call AA, or call the very helpful, no fee, folks at Web Services as noted above.
__________________
"We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment." - Hilaire Belloc
JDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 3:56 pm   #14
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 18,360
you mostly likely hv a schedule change on a partner airline

If your itinerary involves partner airlines and they have schedule changes, you could have been automatically rebooked, but tickets NOT reissued, and you will have that message and the disappearance of your itinarary.

A phone call to AAdvantage desk would easily take care of such.

We had that happened earlier this year when IB cancelled our flight, but rebooked us on an earlier flight, our reservation disappeared and I got the message. When I called AAdvantage, the agent immediately saw the tickets were not re-issued, and took care of that right away. Itinerary reappeared.
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 08, 10:40 pm   #15
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
If your itinerary involves partner airlines and they have schedule changes, you could have been automatically rebooked, but tickets NOT reissued, and you will have that message and the disappearance of your itinarary.

A phone call to AAdvantage desk would easily take care of such.

We had that happened earlier this year when IB cancelled our flight, but rebooked us on an earlier flight, our reservation disappeared and I got the message. When I called AAdvantage, the agent immediately saw the tickets were not re-issued, and took care of that right away. Itinerary reappeared.

Thanks
3544quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 pm.