Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Moderator guidepost instructions: moderators can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki).

N.B. These older posts have been archived from: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-merger/812977-aa-com-website-down-glitch-glitches-bug-fix-reports-more-consolidated.html

AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA.com website down, glitch, bug, fix etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
The site is basically down. "Downforeveryoneorjustme" just checks to see if the server is up and is not to be trusted.

I'm getting "Invalid State" errors when I go there.

<redacted>

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 10, 2014 at 8:40 am Reason: Removed circular link post merge
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by pkfinman
I can't get on... anyone else having an issue?
I'll go ahead snd merge this into the extant consolidated thread on this issue.

~Moderator
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:52 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Seems to be back for now.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
"You may login with your AAdvantage number or the email address associated with your account.

FAQs
This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:48 am

It's definitely shaky. Have to repeat attempts to get anything to happen. Hopefully flights aren't too impacted as my SFO-DFW is already going to be delayed.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Can't log in since yesterday.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by vasantn
Can't log in since yesterday.
Hi, is anyone else having trouble getting into AA.Com today. I have been trying since 7:00 Pacific time. Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver, SPG Gold, Best Western Diamond, Star Alliance Silver
Anyone else having trouble booking award flights? I'm able to proceed all the way to the award calendar mut after choosing the flight dates several minutes of waiting and then:

"Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /award/submitDates.do.

Reason: Error reading from remote server"

Have been trying for a couple of hours now with no results.

Last edited by Hattivatti; Nov 18, 2014 at 12:30 pm
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Hattivatti
Anyone else having trouble booking award flights? I'm able to proceed all the way to the award calendar mut after choosing the flight dates several minutes of waiting and then:

"Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /award/submitDates.do.

Reason: Error reading from remote server"

Have been trying for a couple of hours now with no results.
I had that happen to me quite a bit yesterday afternoon, not so much today though.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: AA ExP, HH Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
FWIW - the only thing about aa.com that REALLY irritates me is the manner in which it selectively dishes up flight options. An option to just put in the flight numbers you want would be a huge improvement, in my opinion. Just my two cents.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:27 pm

Has anybody ever had a reservation that, after being renamed, refuses to show its new name under My Trips? If I go to the reservation, it does show me the new name, but in My Trips, it never changes - it just shows the default, the departure and first destination airport.

I have other trips that I can rename without a problem. I've tried renaming this one multiple different things. I first renamed it several weeks ago, so it's not a matter of waiting/clearing cookies/whatever. In the end, not a huge deal, it's just getting more annoying as time goes by.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyAA
I had that happen to me quite a bit yesterday afternoon, not so much today though.
This is what happened on the 18th
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:13 pm

<redacted> I'm seeing a case where the purchase button is missing on an AAward reservation. The box that has the price and number of miles is missing as well.

This is for TATL travel in J during the summer on carriers other than BA, so hopefully this still will go through.

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 27, 2014 at 6:57 am
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Were you trying to book less than seven days out? No hold options at that point.

Five bucks for telephone booking? Nice error if so.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM
Any itinerary that includes non-AA flights (including US Airways) will not show the option of holding a ticket - you have the option of buying and refunding within 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.