Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying through LIM questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2008, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Flying through LIM questions

I am booked to fly into LIM on AA and on to SCL on LAN ticketed separately. I've read the airport info about how to transition to connecting international flights, but there was no mention about access to any airport lounges. I am arriving about 4am and departing about 7:30am. Granted I may not have much time between flights, but would appreciate any tips/suggestions from anyone knowing the airport.

Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
I departed LIM on Tuesday with Lan. They only give lounge access to Lanpass Elites, not to OW. However in MIA Lan gave me lounge access so I think it's a LIM rule. I'm not sure of the invitations if you are flying J or F though.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA,US,AR,Hyatt, Hilton, holidayinn/AR Plus, DiscoPlus& JumboMas
Smile

1) If you have lugagge try to check in together to your final destination, also be aware that if you exit thru inmigration even to issue a boarding pass yo will have to pay $ 32 Airport tax, but if you go straight to connecting flights area, you will avoid it.

2) OW Platinum or EXP you should ask LAN for an invitation to the lounge.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:21 am

I flew LIM-MIA last month on AA as an AA Plat and was given an invitation to the Sumaq lounge that had a little checkbox that said something like "Oneworld" on it. This may have been because of AA though, Lan might not extend invitations unless you belong to Lanpass... it can't hurt to try inquiring about an invitation. The lounge is pretty nice, free internet access and all of the Inca Kola your heart desires.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Thanks for the replies. I will only have carry-on so will not have to retrieve any luggage at LIM or SCL. Where does one go to get an "invitation" to the lounge since I will be airside only. Also, anyone know the hours? Checking status of current flights they are arriving ontime (fingers crossed).
Old Apr 6, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
The Sumaq Lounge is an airport lounge rather than one affiliated with any airline or airline alliance. Access is available if you are flying out of LIM biz or first on any airline. Status alone doesn't give you access. You get the invitation slip at airport check-in.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks SJOGuy. SO since I'm arriving AA Biz and departing LAN Coach, AND I'm not going to be landside at LIM, I should not expect to gain access?
Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
The Sumaq Lounge is an airport lounge rather than one affiliated with any airline or airline alliance. Access is available if you are flying out of LIM biz or first on any airline. Status alone doesn't give you access. You get the invitation slip at airport check-in.
While this may have been true in the past, it's not true now, or wasn't true last month when I flew. I checked in with AA in LIM as an AA Plat flying in Y, I was handed a piece of paper that said, "We invite you to the Sumaq lounge" with a couple of checkbooxes, one of which said "Oneworld Status" (or something along those lines).

It's possible that the invitation is only being made available by AA, but it's demonstrably not true that status alone won't get you into the Sumaq lounge.

RogerD408: There's no guarantee you'll get access to the lounge, a couple of things you might try though: 1) Try showing them your J boarding boarding pass from AA. I'm not sure if the lounge is available for arriving passengers, but it's worth a try. 2) Try talking to a LAN gate agent to see how/if you can acquire an invitation to the lounge.

The Lima airport is actually quite nice, even if you're stuck without lounge access the time should pass relatively quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.