Search

electrical outlets in coach?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2007, 5:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Spyder
Well, at least the OP didn't get the obligatory AA forum, "Do a search!' comment.
Because encouraging people to search for questions that are frequently asked would be a bad thing ^

Cheers.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by slabeaume
You guys are making my head hurt. I just want to use my cigarette lighter adapter and plug my DVD player in so I can watch a movie.
To be fair though, people are just giving you the details. you only mentioned you were flying AA, the above info is good....

You would have gotten a little more of a yes/no answer if you had mentioned the aircraft you were flying on.

We haven't even touched on codeshares and American Eagle flights yet.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 1:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
777 maps of power points inaccurate

In October I reported:
Originally Posted by nbevan
On day flights I prefer to sit at the rear of a 777 to have a view out of the window, but usually I also want to work. But the location of the power ports is not in the rows shown on the seat maps. Last time I was in 38J which is shown on the aa.com seat map as having a power port, but the power port was actually in 37H/J. I could also see from the "lightning" signs that in the center rows power was in rows 33, 36 and 38, whereas the seat maps show it in rows 34, 37 and 39.

Power ports are shown in identical locations for both configurations in both the aa.com maps and seatguru maps (except that seatguru shows power in 34 A/B and H/J rather than 35 as shown on aa.com).
I emailed Web Services about the discrepancy, and received a polite reply, but the seat maps have still not been changed.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spyder
Well, at least the OP didn't get the obligatory AA forum, "Do a search!' comment.
And for that, I thank you all!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I know you're quoting from AA.com, yet their info is not completely correct. Powerport use is also allowed immediately after boarding until the aircraft door is closed.
And you in turn are saying what's allowed, but that's not necessarily the same as what can be done.

I have been on a number of flights, at the very least int'l 763s, where the powerport is not turned on until long after that. (I've even been on some where the power port is turning on and off and on and off at the early stages, and only stabilizes to "really on" many dozens of minutes into the flight.)

I don't know exactly how it works, but obviously the powerports aren't "hardwired" to come on with general cabin electricty. They must have their own subsystem, which all too often requires tinkering (just rebooting, or more subtle?).
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:51 pm

Does anyone know if Air France A380 theres a power outlets in economy?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 3:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FyerTalk. Particularly from sunny Rodos / Rhodes, home of Τα Κιούπια' / Ta Kioupia.

Please ask this question in the Air France Frequence Plus Forum here; we are unlikely to have the answer in the American AAdvantage Forum.

It is also suggested in the Flyertalk Rules here that one search for existing threads rather than start new ones on a particular topic and to not revive threads older than two years old unless there is a "compelling reason".

If you are unfamiliar with the nuances of FlyerTalk's Search, please review the thread entitled Using the Search Feature on FlyerTalk: The Definitive Thread here in the Technical Issues Forum.

This thread will now be closed, as it is obsolete.

Thanks, JDiver, Moderator

Originally Posted by tripleSe7en
Does anyone know if Air France A380 theres a power outlets in economy?

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 13, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.