Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamon
Originally Posted by sellouts
Was it a specific code or a more general offer? Have you had a membership in the past? Hoping I get one in a few days as I was planning on signing up.
It did not seem targeted at all. There was a code to use if using an Amex ($100 off) or a different code to use if using another card ($50). I've never used to AC's prior to this past week. This is my 2nd year as an AA Elite. I was previously a DL flyer for many years and used their lounges.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
The same thing happened to me 2-3 years ago. I called the AC headquarters in Dallas and they credited $100 back.
I emailed AC last week and still haven't received a response. Today I called AC customer service. The rep today told me that since it had been processed, there was nothing she could do. They do not offer credits or refunds. But next year when it's time for me to renew they would be happy to offer me some sort of discount. She said there ws nothing she could do, but transferred me to her supervisor's voicemail. I left a message, but am not overly optimistic.

What a buzz kill.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:21 pm

Question

Originally Posted by griffinj
I emailed AC last week and still haven't received a response. Today I called AC customer service. The rep today told me that since it had been processed, there was nothing she could do. They do not offer credits or refunds. But next year when it's time for me to renew they would be happy to offer me some sort of discount. She said there ws nothing she could do, but transferred me to her supervisor's voicemail. I left a message, but am not overly optimistic.

What a buzz kill.
So, following up on this. Back in January, I emailed the AAdmirals Club customer service. Two weeks later (Feb 10), I received an email back from someone in AAdmirals Club customer service. His email requested that I send him the promotional codes that were in the email and he will be able to credit the card that I used to sign up for the promotion. I replied right away with the promotion code from the email.

After 11 days I had not yet received a response nor had I been credited. So on Feb 21, I replied again to the email requesting a status update on the item. No response received, so I sent follow-ups on Feb 23 and Mar 3.

On March 11, I received an email from a different person in Customer Service. In her email she apologized for the delay and asked that I forward a copy of the original email if I still had it. The next day (March 12) I forwarded a copy of the original email to her.

That was the last I'd heard from anyone in Customer Service about this matter. Since the last email I sent a follow-up on March 24, and then again today.

This has been ongoing now for 3 months. Seems a bit ridiculous. They said they would credit, yet they continually stop responding to communications.

I normally wouldn't fret this long over such a small amount, but this is a case of some of the most disconnected and worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get this resolved? Is there a way that I can escalate this beyond the general Admirals Club email box?

Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:44 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I'd try calling.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
I'd try calling.
Tried that early on in the process. Was told that I would need to speak to a "supervisor" and was transferred to voicemail. Tried that numerous times back in January/February.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:29 am

$50 off Admirals Club until July 31

I'm really surprised this hasn't been posted yet but there is a public code on the AA website for $50 off a new Admirals Club membership. Valid from May 19 - July 31. (CODE LL2)

My apologies if it was posted somewhere else already.

Link is http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...hrowlounge.jsp

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 21, 2010 at 8:13 pm Reason: add code
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Exp 1.3mm, HH Dia, SPG Gld, IHG Plt
$100 off Admirals Club until July 31

Not sure if this was just a targeted offer or it's public, but I got the email below today - try code "AOC" to see if it works for AA Gold.

-------

Dear XXX,

Purchase a new annual Admirals Club® membership in any lounge worldwide or online and save $100* now through July 31, 2010. To receive this discount, please use promotion code AOC at time of purchase when paying with a credit card.

The annual membership fee for our AAdvantage Gold® customers is $450; with this offer, your annual fee would be $350. That means for less than $30 a month you can enjoy your time at the airport with amenities that include access to cyber cafés, quiet areas, private bars, conference rooms, showers and more. Why not remove yourself from the airport terminal congestion and reduce your travel stress? Kick back and start your vacation early or fine tune last-minute business details before boarding your flight.

We hope you will accept our invitation to this exceptional offer. To learn more about the Admirals Club lounge, visit http://www.aa.com/admiralsclub.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maītre-plongeur des Muccis
This seems targeted and is status-based. Platinums apparently received an offer for $50 discount (usable online or at any Admirals Club) using code AOB.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by JDiver
This seems targeted and is status-based. Platinums apparently received an offer for $50 discount (usable online or at any Admirals Club) using code AOB.
I'm GLD and got offered $100 off, code AOC.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
What code is for EXP's ?

Now that I'm BA Gold not really relevant for myself but it might come in handy for some others.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:07 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
What code is for EXP's ?
Simple pattern analysis says it's "AOA." Worth a try, anyway.

Cheers.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:12 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage; Carlson Goldpoints.
Anyone know if this works for a renewal of membership, or just for new folks?

Thanks!!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
If the "rack rate" is $450 for golds and $400 for plats and they're offering a code that takes $100 off for golds or $50 off for plats, does anyone else think that kind of defeats the discount you get as a platinum versus a gold? If your sole reason for flying enough each year to make plat was to pay less than a gold for the AC, this promotion would seem to go against the tenants of loyalty marketing.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by swag
I'm GLD and got offered $100 off, code AOC.
Originally Posted by negs
Anyone know if this works for a renewal of membership, or just for new folks?

Thanks!!
Here's the TOC from my email. (bolding mine)

Promotional Terms and Conditions:

*Discount offer is only available for a new Admirals Club® annual membership purchased online or in any lounge worldwide. Offer expires July 31, 2010. Promotion code AOC must be used at time of purchase to receive discount. Receive $100 discount off the annual Admirals Club membership fee for the first year, promotion code AOC. Membership rate is based on individual's current tier level in the AAdvantage® program at time of purchase. All rates are in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice. Admirals Club memberships are non-transferrable and non-refundable. No other discounts or retroactive credits apply. Discount may not be applied when adding a spouse to an existing membership. Memberships purchased with AAdvantage miles cannot be discounted. You must be 18 years old to purchase and hold an Admirals Club membership.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:21 am

Location: Half time in PDX, Half time in Ajijic, Mexico. Near GDL
Programs: AA Platinum
Another Option: Priority Pass for two for $150/yr.

I picked up an Ameriprise World Elite MC this spring which comes with Priority Pass lounge access. If you add your spouse to your card, he/she also gets a Priority Pass card.
I compared the AC lounges with the Priority Pass ones on my trip last week to Managua through SFO, JFK, MIA. I felt the Alaska and Continental Lounges were as nice the AC ones (and the drinks were free no chits required). Of course, they were not as close to my gates, but the Ameriprise card which includes the Priority Pass was only $165 a year. And it's only $150now.
If you're thinking about a new AC membership, I'd also look at Priority Pass. Mine came with the "Prestige Level membership". So for the $165 we each got lounge access for the year. Quite a bit cheaper than AC membership which I think was $575 with the discount for a Platinum member w/spouse.

Here is the link for the Ameriprise World Elite MC:

http://banking-credit.ameriprise.com...mastercard.asp

and you can check out Priority Pass at Prioritypass.com.

Last edited by ttervooren; Jun 22, 2010 at 8:23 am Reason: spelling errors

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.