Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:04 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Any new discounts or more importantly bonus points for new membership?
Company will only pay for membership, no cc.

Is it better to do online or at the club?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rthib
Any new discounts or more importantly bonus points for new membership?
Company will only pay for membership, no cc.

Is it better to do online or at the club?
Can you put the membership on a personal credit card? If you purchase an AC membership, and get the Citi Executive card, they will refund a pro-rated membership fee for whatever is left on your membership, as long as more than 2 months is left.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Can you put the membership on a personal credit card? If you purchase an AC membership, and get the Citi Executive card, they will refund a pro-rated membership fee for whatever is left on your membership, as long as more than 2 months is left.
Thank. I already have Citi Platinum and don't really see any advantage to getting Executive.

Just looking if any bonus now for membership and any reason to do online vs at club.

I am leaning towards club as I am not sure I will use this next trip and if there are no bonuses, may wait and see.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
As I noted in the Amex thread, when I joined recently, an AAngel was able to waive the $50 initiation fee.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Hi All. I just got the e-mail to renew my membership. I'm EXP so the website my auto renewal rate is $350. The e-mail I just got says if I do it online I get a $50 discount (which should then be $300), however the e-mail I got says that my renewal cost with the $50 discount would be $350…..how is that possible? I checked to see if that was an error and went through the payment flow from the e-mail link and it too was showing me $350. Any idea on how I can get the $50 discount online to get it for $300?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Hi All. I just got the e-mail to renew my membership. I'm EXP so the website my auto renewal rate is $350. The e-mail I just got says if I do it online I get a $50 discount (which should then be $300), however the e-mail I got says that my renewal cost with the $50 discount would be $350…..how is that possible? I checked to see if that was an error and went through the payment flow from the e-mail link and it too was showing me $350. Any idea on how I can get the $50 discount online to get it for $300?
Call them? I'd begin with the Aadvantage desk, but if it is an IT issue it may need Web services. Anyway, call somewhere and they'll forward you along as needed.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Any new discount codes for renewal?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Mateo4321
Any new discount codes for renewal?
Yea, have anyone heard anything? I would have expected there to be some sort of offer given the number of AMEX card holders who've lost their benefits.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by troyb
Yea, have anyone heard anything? I would have expected there to be some sort of offer given the number of AMEX card holders who've lost their benefits.
Yeah, I think it's called the Citi Exec MasterCard.

Almost signed up for one when I lost my Amex privileges. Then I moved out of the country and now don't need that anymore!

Still have my Chase UA Club card though.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by alphaod
Yeah, I think it's called the Citi Exec MasterCard.

Almost signed up for one when I lost my Amex privileges. Then I moved out of the country and now don't need that anymore!

Still have my Chase UA Club card though.
Well no, I am talking about actually buying a membership. I don't need the AA card.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Well no, I am talking about actually buying a membership. I don't need the AA card.
Why buy a membership if you dont have the card? Spend $450, spend $5k in 3 months and collect 50,000 miles and have a full AC membership. I will do that this year. Its a no brainer. 50,000 miles is worth well more than $450, so the AC membership is "free" at that point.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:08 am

Anyway, an actual answer to your question is no. They haven't offered anything publicly in quite awhile. Last time I renewed, I ask one of the Aangels at the club what can be done, and they stacked a $50 courtesy discount on top of my elite tier renewal price.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Renewal timing

My EXP status expires at the end of February, will revert to PLT, current Admiral's Club membership is valid through late March. If I renew membership as an EXP, the cost will be $350, rather than $400 for PLT. can I do so in February, keep the late March anniversary?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Did the price go up for EXP to $400?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Did the price go up for EXP to $400?
What makes you ask that and what did you discover when you went to AA.com to look at the very easily found price table for Admiral's Clubs memberships?

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.