Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Biblioman1
I was offered the traditional $25 off renewal at the ORD AC a week or so ago (my renewal is in April) but I declined saying that I'll wait a bit more to see if a better offer comes around. Today, I got this:

"Hello
AAdvantage® Executive Platinum Number: xxxxxxx

We hope you enjoy the many amenities and services of the Admirals Club®. Please renew your annual membership by April 24, 2013 to continue experiencing the good life when you travel.

As a special offer, if you renew online by March 31, 2013, and pay with a credit card, we’ll send you one complimentary set of two luggage tags*.

Your membership is important to us, and we’re delighted to provide you with an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the airport. For the latest news and enhancements regarding our lounges, please visit www.aa.com/admiralsclub.

We look forward to seeing you soon."

Are you kidding me??
Wow! Didn't think it could worse than the $25 offer, lol. Interesting, though, considering the AA website says its no longer offering luggage tags. Guessing that doesn't include the very desirable AC tags.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:53 pm

Duplicate
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Last check-in with FT before renewing at the AC directly for what I hope is still a $25 discount. Anyone aware of any better offers or have any tips to share for getting any kind of deal?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by Biblioman1
Last check-in with FT before renewing at the AC directly for what I hope is still a $25 discount. Anyone aware of any better offers or have any tips to share for getting any kind of deal?
Me too... Remember, rates go up after May 1st:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/admir...ew-pricing.jsp

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Ritz
Wow! Didn't think it could worse than the $25 offer, lol. Interesting, though, considering the AA website says its no longer offering luggage tags. Guessing that doesn't include the very desirable AC tags.
Hmmm now I'm concerned. I purchased it last year and got 2 luggage tags free... when I renew, I'm not going to get the new logo????

Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:08 am

Has anyone renewed recently? Checked in a DFW club and there is no longer a $25 discount. Will check couple others before renewing - LGA and ORD at least in the next week.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:40 am

+1 anyone renewed recently? Is there any promo code right now for renewal?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Has anyone renewed recently? Checked in a DFW club and there is no longer a $25 discount. Will check couple others before renewing - LGA and ORD at least in the next week.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by vrbaba
One of the AAngels at LAX offered me $25 off on a new signup a few days ago. Maybe they have the authority to do so individually?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Pinned
One of the AAngels at LAX offered me $25 off on a new signup a few days ago. Maybe they have the authority to do so individually?
Hmmm... it used to be an un-published $50 discount for new members for the AC agents to give out. Apparently now it's $25. My renewal is up in about 6 weeks. They've always sent me an email (a couple of months beforehand) in the past reminding me of this, with a $25 discount code to do so. I haven't gotten an email yet. And with membership fees having gone up earlier in the year, this is discouraging. I paid $275 to renew last December. Looks like I will have to pay $350 this time around.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinned

Hmmm... it used to be an un-published $50 discount for new members for the AC agents to give out. Apparently now it's $25. My renewal is up in about 6 weeks. They've always sent me an email (a couple of months beforehand) in the past reminding me of this, with a $25 discount code to do so. I haven't gotten an email yet. And with membership fees having gone up earlier in the year, this is discouraging. I paid $275 to renew last December. Looks like I will have to pay $350 this time around.
I'm waiting till I hit EXP and I'll see if they offer me a nicer price. I have a month membership for now.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: AA, ICH, Avis, SPG
are there any discounts out there for a renewing couple? $525 is a bit high, hoping to bring it down....
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:27 am

Renewed today at the RDU club. When I asked, the Agent said they had no discounts below the EXP price to offer.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I am thinking of getting an AA Club membership since Amex Platinum discontinued our access as of today. I have an extra $100 in statement credit, plus AA is my declared airline $200 credit so as a new member it would cost me $200.

Would I be better off getting the Citi AA card that includes lounge access for the long term or just go with this?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Graciecatt
I am thinking of getting an AA Club membership since Amex Platinum discontinued our access as of today. I have an extra $100 in statement credit, plus AA is my declared airline $200 credit so as a new member it would cost me $200.

Would I be better off getting the Citi AA card that includes lounge access for the long term or just go with this?
It's not necessarily longer term since they both only last a year. You have to continue paying the Citi card's annual fee.

The Citi card could be a good option if you need the EQM.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
It's not necessarily longer term since they both only last a year. You have to continue paying the Citi card's annual fee.

The Citi card could be a good option if you need the EQM.
If you can meet the spend requirement, you can get a ton of AA miles with the Citi card (I think the offer I responded to was for 100k miles in exchange for 10k spend in 3 months) in addition to the 10k EQM. I opted to go with it this year for the bonus and I'll reconsider next year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.