Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 6, 07, 9:51 pm   #1

LGA / New York LaGuardia Concourse D Admirals Club (consolidated)

AA uses both C and D gates at LGA. The AA club is on the D concourse at LGA. Can you get from C to D without having to go through security?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR NOTE

This thread is for discussion of the current LGA Admirals Club in Concourse D. Renovation of this club began in Spring 2011 and were completed in Spring 2012.

Construction of a second LGA Admirals Club in Concourse C was reportedly under way in 2011, with plans to open sometime in 2012, but as of mid-2014 it has not opened and its current status is not known:

LGA / New York LaGuardia Concourse C Admirals Club Construction

However, as of March 2014, AA began offering shuttle bus service at certain times from the Admirals Club in Concourse D direct to the airside section of Concourse C for Admirals Club passengers departing from that concourse:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ncourse-c.html

AA Forum Moderator Team

Last edited by dstan; Jun 21, 14 at 11:14 pm.. Reason: update AC-C and shuttle bus info
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 07, 10:02 pm   #2

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Lifetime Platinum, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Travelers Aid JFK Volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
AA uses both C and D gates at LGA. The AA club is on the D concourse at LGA. Can you get from C to D without having to go through security?
No, not unless you have very good connections and can get on the employee bus.

I've heard that some people have success showing their AC card with ID at the checkpoint at D, explaining that they want to visit the AC before their flight out of C. Of course, doing so means that you subject yourself to the TSA and shoe/laptop/liquid carnivals twice.
ESpen36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 07, 11:31 pm   #3

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat [Amb], Hertz PC
I posted a thread on this a few weeks ago. If you have time ask for a gate pass. At D I told the ID checker I was going to the AC and was walked to the front of the line. You shouldn't have a problem, though YMMV.
Peatisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 07, 7:36 am   #4

It's not a problem to just flash the AC card and a boarding pass for the other pier. I have never had a problem, most of the time they wouldn't even notice if your flight leaves from the other side, and if they do just say "Admiral's Club" and that's that.

Reclearing security can be no fun however. Still, those security lanes are so constricted and cramped that they often look "longer" than they really are. Usually even if the line reaches the top of the ramp it's still no more than about 10 minutes.
c_stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 07, 7:39 am   #5

Programs: AA EXP - 3MM, MR PLT, GP DM, SPG PLAT
There is a project currently underway to build a connector between the D and C concourses. So soon this will not be an issue.
CVCONDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 07, 7:55 am   #6

Programs: AA ExecPlat/2MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis First. PA WorldPass
I first heard about that "project" to connect concourses C and D over a year ago, yet haven't heard any updates (or seen progress, for that matter). Anybody happen to know what the status is?
Old Sep 7, 07, 8:11 am   #7

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperJCM View Post
I first heard about that "project" to connect concourses C and D over a year ago, yet haven't heard any updates (or seen progress, for that matter). Anybody happen to know what the status is?
The admiral's club staff recently (last week) told me that this project will be completed by November 2007. Having seen no evidence that such a project has commenced, I am quite skeptical.
rschon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 07, 8:29 am   #8

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
The Employee Bus runs outside of security so it would not help getting between C & D

Quote:
The admiral's club staff recently (last week) told me that this project will be completed by November 2007. Having seen no evidence that such a project has commenced, I am quite skeptical.
I think the project that they were referring to was the re-design of the TSA Security Checkpoint. I'm sure some of you have noticed, but D1 was recently taken out of service in order to expand the screening checkpoint. I have a feeling they will be adding a machine or two and somehow looping the line down by the old D1 gate. AFAIK the connector between C & D is in the works, however, I think it will be a while before we see that appear.
AA 777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 07, 8:30 am   #9

If you get the chance, check in online early (i.e. before the gate is assigned). The BP has a "--" in the gate field and you have no problems (other than double duty on the security lines...)
eamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 07, 8:42 am   #10

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Lifetime Platinum, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Travelers Aid JFK Volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamus View Post
If you get the chance, check in online early (i.e. before the gate is assigned). The BP has a "--" in the gate field and you have no problems (other than double duty on the security lines...)
Good point, though not if traveling out of the country.

I'm excited to hear about a possible bridge between C and D, though I agree with others in saying that I will believe it when I see construction in progress.
ESpen36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 07, 12:22 pm   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post

I've heard that some people have success showing their AC card with ID at the checkpoint at D, explaining that they want to visit the AC before their flight out of C. Of course, doing so means that you subject yourself to the TSA and shoe/laptop/liquid carnivals twice.

Well I must have come across the only TSA employee who checked my BP and wouldn't let me in D.

I don't have an AC card( I am PLT and was on an International flight that day)

I had to go to the check in desk to get a pass. The agent refused telling me that PLT were not entitled to use AC.(I also had a FC BP to MCO) . I explained carefully the rules and that I have used the AC scores of times on that basis.

Her reply was "I have worked on this desk over 20 years and I am telling you that you are not entitled" I persuaded her to call the AC and heard her give my details. At the end of the conversation she told me "you ARE a member of the AC and if you had told me that I would have given you a pass for security straight away!!!"

Didn't argue! Still haven't got my AC card though!!!
Robert5988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 09, 1:31 pm   #12
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, HGP Diam, PC Gold, HH Gold
New Club Cafe at LGA Admirals Club

Passing through the LGA Admirals Club today, there is a new Club Cafe window in the Executive Center (to the left as you enter the club, straight past the big sign). Overhead staff saying that it opened yesterday (3/18) and that all food will be served out of there, with the main bar now just for drinks and opening at noon.

I took a quick walk through and there were some chairs and tables available in the main room in front of the window, as well as a small cell phone-free lounge to the right. There were several additional closed, numbered doors, which I presume are the conference rooms. I hadn't been in the Exec Center before, so I don't know if anything's changed but it all looked pretty nice.
dstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 09, 4:18 pm   #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneworld emerald (HPdbaUSdbaAA EXP 9MM), SPG life plat, Hilton diamond, Esselunga Fėdaty
Any espresso or cappuccino?
hillrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 09, 5:14 pm   #14

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to check out the offerings in detail - looked to be the Amora menu, plus some snack items (chips, etc.). Hopefully someone else can take a closer look!
Old Mar 21, 09, 6:01 pm   #15

Addendum: Stopped back today on my way home. Club Cafe is closed on Saturdays only, with Amora offerings still sold at the bar. Also checked out the full menu postered on the Club Cafe door - sorry, hillrider, no espresso.