Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Airport British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges (Terminal 3)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, Terminal 3, located at Zone F

NOTE: Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.

HOURS: 05:00 until last departure.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Private shower suites
  • Premium liquor, beer and wine
  • Meal service throughout the day
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

[b]Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysia Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by sinanju
The admissions are slightly more liberal than that... where you see "GCH" you can replace with "OW Emerald". I had the massage chair treatment in the arrival lounge just this Friday.
They may be in T3, since the SPA is basically hardly used now that the Qantas JV has dissolved and never had any real traffic in the morning anyway. I have never been let in in T5 except when in J on a BA aircraft. Always ask, always politely told no.

That chicken pic you posted in the BA forum is indeed diabolical. When I go back to what is on offer these days in the GF lounges, drinks aside, I am not sure I wouldn't be happier nibbling in the FL

Which I suppose is the point of all this exercise on the part of BA
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
This could be due to inventory overhang, but it's possible the transition of catering providers in the UK did not impact US lounges. From a volume and cost standpoint they are a world away, I can't imagine what BA spends to run the GF lounges at LHR.
Having flown BA for 25 years, becoming a US flyer when BA partnered with them and then an AA flyer when they switched, I cannot get out of my head the association between BA lounges and little packets of Walker's biscuits.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
They may be in T3, since the SPA is basically hardly used now that the Qantas JV has dissolved and never had any real traffic in the morning anyway. I have never been let in in T5 except when in J on a BA aircraft. Always ask, always politely told no.
Politely ask them to look at their rule book. OW Emeralds have T5 arrival and Elemis Spa access when arriving on long haul flights marketed and operated by BA.

The entitlement matrix is here.

Follow the second column down to the Elemis Travel Spa and BA Arrivals Lounge rows.

Last edited by sinanju; Aug 18, 2013 at 9:45 am Reason: Edited link based on Prospero's correction. Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Politely ask them to look at their rule book. OW Emeralds have T5 arrival and Elemis Spa access when arriving on long haul flights marketed and operated by BA.

The entitlement matrix is here.

Follow the second column down to the Elemis Travel Spa and BA Arrivals Lounge rows.
The thread linked above is superseded by this one..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...uidelines.html
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:25 am

Should have been clearer: I have been allowed use of the Spa when traveling Long Haul BA, but not when traveling with or connecting from an AA as more typically happens when I am in T3. Appreciate the clarification that the BA access applies regardless of class of service on BA.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Yes.
Originally Posted by richarddd
Is the T3 BA J lounge still better than the T3 AC?
I haven't been back there since December, but definitely yes at that time. Champagne , especially.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...idated-61.html
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I will be on AA 136, arrive at LHR term 3 @ 2:15pm, and then connect to CDG on BA from term 5.

It seems both AA/BA arrival lounge close at 2pm, so I can't use both. my choises are Galleries Club Lounge/Galleries First at term 5? Is that right?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I will be on AA 136, arrive at LHR term 3 @ 2:15pm, and then connect to CDG on BA from term 5.

It seems both AA/BA arrival lounge close at 2pm, so I can't use both. my choises are Galleries Club Lounge/Galleries First at term 5? Is that right?
Yep. And pick Galleries First

P.S. The showers sound funny, almost like gurgling, but otherwise just fine.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Yes, and if connecting, I would skip clearing immigration and the arrivals lounges anyway.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:58 pm

I haven't been in the T3 BA J lounge yet, but I can attest that CX J is definitely better than the T3 AC. And generally vacant.

Last edited by JDiver; May 19, 2015 at 11:52 pm Reason: Curating
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Because we have no interest in trying something inferior just to try it when there are known better options available. The food/drink in the BA F lounge fit the way we eat better than the other places (noodles, while they can be tasty, just don't work for us from a healthful eating standpoint). So, we just stay with the best option for us rather than traipsing about to lounges of less quality (for our tastes).

In our case, that's way.

Cheers.
It's a tad more difficult at lunchtime these days, since the GF lounge is pretty empty then and there is no self serve hot food any longer. The menu has a salmon dish that is good and healthy and cold cuts and cheese are of good quality, but it's not what it used to be. Breakfast is much better, with Qantas flights in the morning bringing more of a crowd, the self serve is back to more or less pre-BS transition and they still have kippers and poached egg, my fave. CX and AA have more prosaic food on offer and even for me noodles are not what I want before a flight.

Champagne in the BA GF is transitioning to lesser known brands, such as Castelnau, for both the rose and the regular, apparently. When I was there this last week both times it was Castelnau Rose, but still the Taittinger 2005 as well. LPGS is a distant memory.

And the last BA LH flight (to BKK) will leave T3 soon, too. That being the case I wonder how long this lounge will remain for T3 in its current form. Certainly the BA flights now are fewer and fewer ...
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Do they serve JW Bule is this lounge?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 5:02 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by nologic
Do they serve JW Bule is this lounge?
They have in the past.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2P
I'm flying AA 136 LAX-LHR tomorrow in J and connecting to BA1454 (marketed as AA6696) LHR-EDI out of T5.

Am I correct in surmising that I won't be allowed into the Elemis Spa even though I'm OW Emerald and flew in J because the flight was AA-operated? Or will my connecting (single-cabin) flight on BA be sufficient combined with OW Emerald to get me in?

As an aside, does anyone happen to know BA's standby policy in case I get tired of the Galleries F Lounge (yeah, right) and want to catch BA1452?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by ben78
As an aside, does anyone happen to know BA's standby policy in case I get tired of the Galleries F Lounge (yeah, right) and want to catch BA1452?
I'm pretty sure that the policy is you can't (unless your fare rules allow it explicitly--flex fares, etc).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.