Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comedy of Errors (left item on plane - AA not helpful)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by mikeef
D'oh! I've never even thought about doing this despite the amount of travel that I do. Hope everyone takes a few minutes to label their portable devices today. It won't stop a dishonest person from taking stuff that you leave behind, but it will help the honest ones find you.
My family made fun of me when I had my new ipod engraved with my initials and my AA FF #, now Im feeling a little less geeky about that decision^
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:56 pm

I got a free "stuffback" sticker when I bought something online. These are pretty cheap and claim that cell phones, laptops, etc. have a much higher rate of return when you use these (or one of their competitors). Basically, you get a fairly cheap sticker to put on your item with an 800 number, a registration number (you register your item with stuffback) and something saying "reward for return". The standard package gives the honest finder something like 20 bucks. You can up that if you want(you set that up in advance with stuffback). You can get more premium services, but this one costs very little for the stickers and claims an over 50 percent return rate. Somebody apparently surveyed "finders" and they are mostly looking for an easy way to return the item to the owner which this does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.