AAdvantage Dining Expiration?

Old Dec 26, 2011, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles, AAdvantage
Question AAdvantage Dining Expiration?

I was wondering,

The AA Dining program looks awfully familiar to other dining programs in other FF programs and financial institutions. Some financial institutions have their dining programs expiraing at the end of the year.

Is this the same thing for AA?

Phil
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:35 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Almost all the programs are run by the same organization, which is why they all look the same.

I don't believe American Airlines has any intention of ending their program at the end of the year.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cphil1
The AA Dining program looks awfully familiar to other dining programs in other FF programs and financial institutions. Some financial institutions have their dining programs expiraing at the end of the year.

Is this the same thing for AA?
I don't know what financial institutions (plural) you're referring to (I'm only famliar with uPromise), but there is a whole forum on FlyerTalk about RewardsNetwork/iDine (who runs all the airline and hotel ones as well as a cashback version and uPromise):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...s-network-400/

and there is not a single airline or hotel program mentioned there as leaving in the next year.

In the past, several airlines (and one credit card points program) dropped out, but IIRC each in a different year. Among them: British Airways (BA) and Continental (CO), which ironically is more or less coming back next year due to UA not dropping out and CO becoming one with UA. And each time one of them left it was announced months in advance. (Diners Club was the credit card points program which once participated in iDine but dropped it quite a few years ago.)

Since I"m not aware of multiple financial institutions using RewardsNetwork, I'm not sure whether you're not getting two different dining programs confused. There are sevearl different different dining programs out there, but AFAIK only the ones run by RewardsNetwork (which includes AAdvantage Dining) can be used to earn airline miles or hotel points "transparently" and "automatically" (ie, without having to buy coupons ahead of time or such).

Last edited by sdsearch; Dec 30, 2011 at 8:42 pm Reason: added link to iDine / RewardsNetwork forum
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks for the great information, sdsearch.

Please continue the discussion in the iDine/Rewards Network Forum thread, linked to in the post above, and in the "Rewards Network dying in Canada?" thread here.

N.B. The only information we have on that forum is the program will end in Canada due to issues with RBC - AAdvantage Dining in he USA continues as always.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 31, 2011 at 11:32 am Reason: edit and add thread link

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.