Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Tickets on Hold Through Tonight Miles to Post Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Award Tickets on Hold Through Tonight Miles to Post Tomorrow

So I'm in some trouble with two AA Award tickets. I put a hold on 2 international tickets several days back anticipating that miles from my Citi card would post today and would put me over the top to have enough miles to make the booking. Unfortunately I miscalculated how long the miles would take to post. While I thought they would post today, after reading the CC programs forum I've discovered they will in fact post tomorrow. My problem is that my hold on the tickets expires midnight tonight, and inventory is now gone. I've already called AA and asked for a 1 day extension on the hold which was refused. I'm now thinking I might be able to split the two seats then purchase one out of my account and another out of my wife's account (we both have sufficient mileage to purchase both immediately). Any ideas on how to solve this?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
First think I'd do is - call again. It's "FT rules". Then, if the agent says "no", ask if s/he can help redo the awards so they are as you propose.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by monkeywrencher
I'm now thinking I might be able to split the two seats then purchase one out of my account and another out of my wife's account (we both have sufficient mileage to purchase both immediately).
I am close to 100% that this will work.

Maybe the agent can change some part of your award to give you another 5 day hold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.