ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Old May 5, 2008, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by skunker
Isn't there a CK desk at the AC in terminal D at DFW?
No, it's actually in terminal A, just a little ways down from the AC (if you're headed toward terminal C). Look for the double frosted doors with the AA wings on them, and the Premium Services golf cart parked right outside.
Old May 29, 2008, 6:13 am

Not re-invited to Concierge Key

Over the last 12 months I've enjoyed all the perks of AA's Concierge Key and just got a letter that I'm not being re-invited as of June 1. How can AA expect someone to be happy with this.

Any suggestions to get re-invited.
Old May 29, 2008, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Did the letter give any specifics? Have your travel patterns changed significantly since the original invitation was offered?
Old May 29, 2008, 6:17 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Now tell us the other half of the story.

Did the conditions that got you invited 12 months ago change during these past 12 months?

Did you fly less on AA, spend less with AA, dis AA on FT?
Old May 29, 2008, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
Mike, As you can see, curious minds want to know what you did to get a CK invitation in the first place. (See my post on the subject here)

Its VERY hard for anyone to comment on what you might do to get the re-invite since it is pretty clear that no one here really even knows what you have to do to the an invite in the first place.
Old May 29, 2008, 8:16 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeTucson

To summarize what others have been saying:

Do what you did to get invited the first time, whatever that is.

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2008, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MikeTucson
Over the last 12 months I've enjoyed all the perks of AA's Concierge Key and just got a letter that I'm not being re-invited as of June 1. How can AA expect someone to be happy with this.

I suggest sending this exact post to AA cust relations. After all, they, not FT, are the ones who invited you and set the rules.

Good luck.
Old May 29, 2008, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
If everyone was always renewed, and new people continue to meet those mysterious qualifications, the number of CK members would grow and grow. This doesn't make sense. So someone has to lose CK from time to time, just as people at other levels move down.

As previously posted, what did you do before that you didn't do in 2007?

(I didn't like losing EXP either, but at least there the criteria are published so I had several months' advance notice to get used to the idea.)
Old May 29, 2008, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by wlciii
Its VERY hard for anyone to comment on what you might do to get the re-invite since it is pretty clear that no one here really even knows what you have to do to the an invite in the first place.
I was just invited to join CK and I can say that in my case it had to be based on ticket revenue. Last year I spent a lot on international flights all in J (most of it last minute - <2 weeks out). No other reason I can see (not a high level manager in my firm nor am I responsible for dictating travel for others).

OP- did your travel with AA (and $ spent with them) fall off last year from the year before?
Old May 29, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
I called the CK hotline and was told that the OP failed to use his towel to wipe the basin as a courtesy to the next passenger. The CK program cannot have this kind of rampant noncompliance, so back to EXP with you. (and no soup for you)...
Old May 29, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
I called the CK hotline and was told that the OP failed to use his towel to wipe the basin as a courtesy to the next passenger. The CK program cannot have this kind of rampant noncompliance, so back to EXP with you. (and no soup for you)...
Old May 29, 2008, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinium 1.55MM AVIS Preferred Hertz Gold Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by inlanikai
Did you ... dis AA on FT?
I am pretty sure this would be the cause.

You know that AA monitors this board.
Old May 29, 2008, 1:41 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by cynicAAl

Old May 29, 2008, 3:23 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Due to the fact that every teenaged FTer now knows all about CK, AA is probably gonna move OP to an even more exclusive group.
Old May 29, 2008, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Unless CK allows me to keep my shoes on and they buy me an overpriced bottle of water airside, I'm just not that interested.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.