AA Duty Free - Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:39 am
Original Poster

AA Duty Free - Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Does AA still have Johnnie Walker Blue label on their duty free list? What's their price?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by MikeTucson
Does AA still have Johnnie Walker Blue label on their duty free list? What's their price?

1-888-DUTYFREE or 1-888-388-9373
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:19 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Nope.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:26 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Not sure about AA, but the dutyfree shops in EWR/LGA/JFK tend to have it for $134 per 750ml. Still pretty steep in my book, since they also have liters of Talisker (yum!) for $40 or so.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:51 am

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by gopherblue
Not sure about AA, but the dutyfree shops in EWR/LGA/JFK tend to have it for $134 per 750ml. Still pretty steep in my book, since they also have liters of Talisker (yum!) for $40 or so.
Talisker is a great single malt. But for an ultra-smooth blend, I've never had anything better than Blue Label. And $134 is much lower than the average of $175-$200 in most stores, if they even have it. Bars charge $20-$30 a shot for Blue Label, so snap it up @ $134.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:59 am

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
I make it a hobby to compare prices of JW Blue at Duty Free Stores around the world. Cheapest sighting recently (last month) is $115 at the Jakarta Airport. Any chance of this becoming a new AA destination?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by gopherblue
Steep? It ain't going much lower than that. I got it for $120 (which is the lowest I had ever seen at a duty free store) at the Canadian border on an "excursion" to Montreal. Most liquor stores have it over $200, so $134 is still a great deal.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 1:02 pm

Havent seen the blue for a while on AA.

About 2 yrs ago I bought a bottle on board and was only charged for a bottle of black! Maybe that mistake was hppening too often (I only realised after the flight).

Here is a link to the current AA duty free list:
http://www.retailtravel.com/aa/index.htm
Old Dec 31, 2006, 4:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, OneWorld Sapphire
Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
I make it a hobby to compare prices of JW Blue at Duty Free Stores around the world. Cheapest sighting recently (last month) is $115 at the Jakarta Airport. Any chance of this becoming a new AA destination?
That's about as good as it gets. If it wasn't such a pain to get to Jakarta...
Old Dec 31, 2006, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Steep? It ain't going much lower than that. I got it for $120 (which is the lowest I had ever seen at a duty free store) at the Canadian border on an "excursion" to Montreal. Most liquor stores have it over $200, so $134 is still a great deal.
Thats interesting ... I used to do some comparisons to the black market liquor pricing in South America and never found one single instance of anything being cheaper in Duty free anywhere in the world. I never checked JW Blue though.

Any other instances of duty free actually having something cheaper?
Old Dec 31, 2006, 8:43 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, Starwood Preferred, Hilton Gold VIP
SJU has it for 120. I've seen it in St Maarten stores for less than a hundred.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

SYD and MEL have it ( last I checked ) at AUD155 ( approx USD120 ) which is a pretty decent price

Dave
Old Dec 31, 2006, 1:42 pm

I take it above prices are for a 1 litre bottle?

It was $120 on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship for 1 litre. Buy 2 bottles and you got another 0.2L bottle free.

Great whisky!

Earlier this month on an AA transatlantic flight they were selling 5 x 0.2 bottles of whisky which included JW Blue.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
I hate to disagree with Gopherblue but I really like Blue Label. I think it's quite smooth.

That said, AA last offered Blue Label in 2004 at a price of $125 a 750 ml. bottle. There were only two carried onboard trans-Atlantic flights.

The price at the JFK duty free shop is $135 a bottle. Of that I am sure. If I recall correctly, the 1 liter bottle is $175, but don't hold me to that.

Just coincidentally, I was at Garnet Liquors, a well-known discount shop in Manhattan yesterday and I saw Blue Label at $242 a bottle. Add to that the sales tax of 8.65% ($20.93) and you get a whopping $262.93 making duty free almost 50% off. Personally, I think that's great.

I bought four bottles in September (need a couple for gifts, etc.), took them to Europe and brought them back. I declared them to U.S. Customs which waived the duty and the tax.

For lovers of Johnnie Walker, take a look at www.johnniewalker.com and look for the personalized labels. The guy who got a bottle of Blue Label from me last year with his name on it was talking about it months later.

Now, what I'd like is to be able to buy a 4.5 liter bottle of Red or Black label which I need for a party at the end of January. Anyone have any ideas or can help me out?
Old Jan 1, 2007, 4:27 am

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
For lovers of Johnnie Walker, take a look at www.johnniewalker.com and look for the personalized labels. The guy who got a bottle of Blue Label from me last year with his name on it was talking about it months later.
Thank you very much! That was quite helpful.

Now, what I'd like is to be able to buy a 4.5 liter bottle of Red or Black label which I need for a party at the end of January. Anyone have any ideas or can help me out?
stores.ebay.com/AL-CAPONES-SHOP sells Black and Red label in 4.5 liter sizes. I saw Black @ $135 for 4.5 liters. He also sells .75 liter Blue label for $126.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.