Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best route DFW-BKK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

best route DFW-BKK

Hey everyone....me and the girlfriend are flying from Dallas to Bangkok next July for 2 weeks for vacation...using miles to travel in...<gulp> COACH....it looks like I can fly either DFWNRT on AA then NRTBKK on JL OR do DFWLAX on AA and LAXHKG HKGBKK on CX...which would you suggest for best service most comfortable? If you know of a better routing please let me know thanks!!
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:36 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
MEX-LHR-BKK on BA in WT+

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by more777sneeded
Hey everyone....me and the girlfriend are flying from Dallas to Bangkok next July for 2 weeks for vacation...using miles to travel in...<gulp> COACH....it looks like I can fly either DFWNRT on AA then NRTBKK on JL OR do DFWLAX on AA and LAXHKG HKGBKK on CX...which would you suggest for best service most comfortable? If you know of a better routing please let me know thanks!!
I think a lot depends on your access to preferred seating, that is, are you at least gold? If so, you have access the AA 777 exit row seats (all four of them). There are more exit row seats on the 747s that CX uses between LAX-HKG (keep in mind SFO-HKG and YVR-HKG) than on the 777 DFW-NRT. The schedule for CX also allows you to arrive in BKK in the morning instead of at night.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 1:13 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
MEX-LHR-BKK on BA in WT+

Happy wandering

Fred
Unfortunately Asia 2 AAwards are only via The Pacific...
Old Dec 8, 2006, 2:23 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by more777sneeded
I like to go DFW YVR HKG BKK. The problem with LAX is leaving terminal 4 outside security back into the Tom Bradley international terminal. At YVR same terminal and very easy to get around. I have also gone DFW NRT BKK and as mentioned before it depends if you have status with AA. Row 31 on the 777 works fine for Y. Coming home I would avoid LAX at all cost. Use SFO or YVR with CX or back via NRT JL/AA.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 2:25 am

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
The only way to go if its coach is dfw-nrt-bkk.Reasons shortest flight time and only one stop.You can also include avoiding customs in lax.
I for the first time did not get my upgrade returning from bkk and flew coach all the way home,it was ok. Try and fly middle of the week and you will have more room to spread out. I always have a whole row of seats on JAL in coach to sleep and if I could get a row in coach on AA I would rather have it then being in J class on the hard back breaking seats.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

ok thanks everyone...any other suggestions from all you world travelers out there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.