Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 16, 10, 7:12 pm   #61

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Quote:
Originally Posted by danasbox View Post
you can grab a smoke in the back of the AC GRU, worth the visit!:
That ended almost 2 years ago...
flipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 10, 11:07 am   #62

Programs: Many
Arrivals lounge at GRU?

Hi,

I am arriving in GRU from MIA in F. Then I need to get my bags and transfer to a JJ flight GRU-GIG (in Y). What is my lounge situation in GRU going to be like? Thanks.
GetSetJetSet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 10, 11:44 am   #63

Programs: AA EXP/CK; DL DM; US CP; Hilton Diamond; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; National Exec and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
Hi,

I am arriving in GRU from MIA in F. Then I need to get my bags and transfer to a JJ flight GRU-GIG (in Y). What is my lounge situation in GRU going to be like? Thanks.
If your JJ flight is domestic you'll still be able to use the JJ lounge. If your JJ flight is international, JJ flight number 8xxx you'll be able to use either the AA or JJ lounges, whatever is more convenient.

These arrangement were the ones that worked last fall. They may have changed.

If you're in a JJ 8xxx flight you'll clear immigration and customs at GIG. If it is any other number you'll clear at GRU. If you're on a codeshare just check the corresponding JJ code to know if you're domestic or international.
jbcarioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 10, 12:26 pm   #64
Senior Moderator/Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
No AA arrivals lounge. As for the Admirals Club, aa.com states:

Location: Terminal 2, Mezzanine level of Wing D after Passport Control.
*As required by Customs and Immigration authorities, only departing, ticketed passengers are permitted access.

Hours: Daily 05:45 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.

There is also an American Express Centurión Club at São Paulo - access via The Platinum Card® or above.
Old Dec 9, 10, 2:05 pm   #65

Programs: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
No AA arrivals lounge. As for the Admirals Club, aa.com states:

*As required by Customs and Immigration authorities, only departing, ticketed passengers are permitted access.

There is also an American Express Centurión Club at São Paulo - access via The Platinum Card® or above.
Ok, so the AC is out it looks like. Arriving F on AA gets me nothing. I am flying Y on a JJ domestic flight, so what is my best lounge option? I have RCC membership which will get me into *A lounges and I qualify for the aforementioned AMEX lounge. Which would be most convenient and which offers better stuff? Thanks.
GetSetJetSet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 10, 11:39 am   #66

Programs: OW Sapphire(AA), SPG Plat, HH Gold, TAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
Ok, so the AC is out it looks like. Arriving F on AA gets me nothing. I am flying Y on a JJ domestic flight, so what is my best lounge option? I have RCC membership which will get me into *A lounges and I qualify for the aforementioned AMEX lounge. Which would be most convenient and which offers better stuff? Thanks.
I believe TAM's domestic lounge, located landside, has been closed for a few weeks, thus no *A lounges on your itinerary, I am afraid. Your only option seems to be the Amex lounge, landside T1, upper floor from departures. There is also a Diners Club lounge between T1 and T2, landside, departures level.
pb9997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 10, 12:01 pm   #67

Programs: KrisFlyer,SPG, AA, UA (Occasionally)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post

What's with the early closing? I could swear i've been in the lounge later than that, but I could be mistaken. I'll be on AA998 with a 1:10 AM departure in two weeks, and if i'm not mistaken I think there is a flight than leaves GRU around 2:00 AM.
gpeso8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 10, 1:38 pm   #68

Programs: AA EXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by koje581 View Post
I am going to be flying to GRU and will make PLAT on the outbound flight, and I want to use the AC in GRU, will they let me in without a PLAT-ELITE-CARD even if my Online Account may already say im PLAT??

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATORS' NOTE

From aa.com (updated Dec 2010)

For a couple photos of the GRU Admirals Club, see RyanG's Trip Report:

American Airlines Trip report in First Class GRU-MIA-MCO...Lots of Pics

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator
danasbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 10, 1:52 pm   #69

Programs: US Airways Gold United Premier Exec Hilton Diamond Marriott Gold National Exec Elite AA Platinum
There is indeed at 2AM flight. With the time changes the flights all got pushed later. I'm in GRU now and booked on Wed night (actually Thur AM) 2AM flight. Looks like a long wait after the lounge closes.
Tampa JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 11, 3:41 pm   #70

GRU arrival Admiral's Club Access

Hello, I am arriving at GRU in First Class from DFW next week and wondering if I can access the AC for a shower? I'm not sure what side of immigration it is on.

Any tips are appreciated.
gregocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 11, 4:40 pm   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregocean View Post
Hello, I am arriving at GRU in First Class from DFW next week and wondering if I can access the AC for a shower? I'm not sure what side of immigration it is on.
Airside and no way to access on arrival but there is a Fast Sleep facility landside where you can pay ?R40 for a shower.

Any tips are appreciated. -this tipping culture in the US is getting out of hand. I've seen such notices on the counter at Starbucks but now its infiltrated Flyertalk
3544quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 11, 4:46 pm   #72

That's good to know; thanks for the, er, tip.

(OT: How has the tipping culture infiltrated FT? There's not even a way to proffer one. So, here's my tip to you: buy low and sell high. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
Airside and no way to access on arrival but there is a Fast Sleep facility landside where you can pay ?R40 for a shower.

Any tips are appreciated. -this tipping culture in the US is getting out of hand. I've seen such notices on the counter at Starbucks but now its infiltrated Flyertalk
Old Sep 10, 11, 4:50 pm   #73

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Please read "upstream" - your question has been answered, and your post has been merged into the current, active thread. FT asks we not start new threads without searching - keeps it easier for members to find information and the database from working so hard.

Using Advanced Search works for this if you search within thread titles only results as threads and use "GRU" (or "gru") in quotation marks, as otherwise the search often will not work for keywords that are very common or three or fewer characters in length.

Thanks! /Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregocean View Post

Any tips are appreciated.
Old Mar 9, 12, 8:10 pm   #74

Programs: AA, CX Asia Miles, HHonors
What's the nicest GRU lounge (for appearance, free food/beverages, service, PCs/wifi, other amenities...shower not necessary) that you can buy a day pass for, assuming you will want to use the lounge before a departing coach flight (on AA) to the U.S.?
cloudeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 12, 9:18 pm   #75

Programs: OW Sapphire(AA), SPG Plat, HH Gold, TAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudeleven View Post
What's the nicest GRU lounge (for appearance, free food/beverages, service, PCs/wifi, other amenities...shower not necessary) that you can buy a day pass for, assuming you will want to use the lounge before a departing coach flight (on AA) to the U.S.?
I believe the nicest for free food and beverages to be the UA's lounge in T1, international airside easily connected to T2. The largest I believe to be the Varig/Gol lounge but not as much food. Available for a day pass. Wifi at GRU has been hit and miss in my experience due to GRU (faulty) administration, but after a few tries something comes up.
pb9997 is offline   Reply With Quote