admirals club jfk

Old Apr 26, 2006, 7:12 am
Original Member
Original Poster

admirals club jfk

Are there any admirals club at jfk before going throught security?
Old Apr 26, 2006, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Yes there is one in Terminal 8 that is landside. It is the older of the two ACs at JFK, as the new one in Terminal 9 opened last Fall.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by olimaspecto
Yes there is one in Terminal 8 that is landside. It is the older of the two ACs at JFK, as the new one in Terminal 9 opened last Fall.
allow about 10 minutes to walk to the other terminal though if that's where you're leaving from (8 is mostly international and 9 is mostly domestic but not exclusively so in either case)
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by sohony
allow about 10 minutes to walk to the other terminal though if that's where you're leaving from (8 is mostly international and 9 is mostly domestic but not exclusively so in either case)
10 minutes? That's awfully optimistic - or very fast NY-style walking!

You need to go down the elevator from the T8 AC, then either outdoors along the roadway or inside thru the maze to T9, then clear security (which, btw, is usually pleasantly short IMO), then up the ramp, down the escalator, under the taxiway, up the escalator and into the concourse itself -- before heading to your gate (which, with my luck, is usually at one end or the other of the concourse).
Old Apr 26, 2006, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by CO FF
10 minutes? That's awfully optimistic - or very fast NY-style walking!

You need to go down the elevator from the T8 AC, then either outdoors along the roadway or inside thru the maze to T9, then clear security (which, btw, is usually pleasantly short IMO), then up the ramp, down the escalator, under the taxiway, up the escalator and into the concourse itself -- before heading to your gate (which, with my luck, is usually at one end or the other of the concourse).
sorry, should have been clear, that's 10 minutes to get from the T8 AC to the ticketing area of the new T9--which is a pleasant midwestern stroll. but yes, then you have to do security and the whole up and under thing and get to the gate and thats at least another 15-20 minutes even if you're lucky with security (which i have been too, so far)
Old Apr 26, 2006, 7:51 pm

Emmett, great to see you posting!

Emmett, Its been a long , long time.

I trust all is well with you and yours!

If you are flying AA that day, the smaller new ones AFTER security are a lot better.

Personally, I feel a club that is not gateside is not a club.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.