Citibank-AA reduced mileage awards-2nd Quarter

Old Jan 21, 2006, 1:02 pm

I am leaving next Monday to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico using this quarters reduced mileage awards. Of course, I just received a summons for jury duty to appear at the same time I am to board the plane to return home in Feb. (see the thread I just started on this subject).

Although the miles are not a huge savings, every litte bit helps and that is especially true if you're short for a regular award. As someone pointed out, you are responsible for certain fees and taxes and the phone service (mine fees amounted to $65 for this ticket). Also, you need to have all the code numbers when you call because the reps usually have no clue about these specials and have to punch in the right numbers to find the rate.

One other thing, although I'm not sure if it is clear in the instructions, the destinations can also be the starting point of the trip (unless they changed recently). I remember a year or so ago, I booked reduced award miles travel FROM a "destination" city TO a city that was not on the list.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 3:43 pm

I had started a thread Nov 30th for the first quarter of '06 reduced mileage awards. I am always on the lookout for the next quarter's and this seems about right...30 days, or in this case, about the end of February.

Also note ***as they are only for the quarter, they must be used in that quarter.***
So, if your plans change, as mine did in the last quarter and I was unable to use them, I had to pay the redepost fee.

Last edited by alien; Jan 21, 2006 at 5:21 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.