Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA and Partner Airline Award info, rules (NOT for oneworld Explorer Awards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

FOR THE CURRENT, 2014, THREAD ON THIS TOPIC, PLEASE SEE: AA and Partner Airline Award info, rules (NOT for oneworld Explorer Awards) 2014 on

updated 20 Jan 2014
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA and Partner Airline Award info, rules (NOT for oneworld Explorer Awards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 3:21 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by StevenH123
I booked a Z award HND-JFK-SFO with a stop in JFK. I've flown the HND-JFK segment and would like to change the JFK-SFO segment to somewhere warmer

Not sure if someone answered this, but can this be done as I am in similar situation.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:10 pm

Has anybody booked a partner award with TAM yet? I haven't had any luck finding space and on top of that 3 of 5 AAgents told me they couldn't even book it until they got out of Star Alliance.

Curious how smooth the process has gone for others?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:40 pm
Suspended

TAM is not yet a oneworld member but is already an AA mileage redemption partner. Call back.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by tsg20
Probably a very stupid question, but: was looking to fly from one of LHR, CDG or BRU to Tokyo (and back) next August/September in either Business or First, but looking on aa.com, ba.com or qantas websites (directly and via award nexus) I'm seeing basically zero availability, except for a few BA flights with pretty painful fuel taxes.

Does this seem right? The same searches on star alliance carriers show a lot more options, but it's been a couple of years since I've redeemed miles on AA or UA, so I don't know what to expect.
It can be tough to find F/J award space from Europe to Asia but far from impossible. Make sure you're searching the long-haul flights first, then build your connections (if needed) from there.

AY has decent availability in J from HEL-KIX (I see a couple dates in Aug/Sep). Put that on hold, then call AA to add the KIX-NRT segment on JL.

Also, don't forget that a Europe-Asia 1 award can connect in Asia 2. So check CX flights via HKG, and also possibly MH via KUL.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:09 am

Re: connecting to Asia 1 via Asia 2, is this also possible going from the US to Asia 1 connecting HKG on Cathay?

I'm thinking of Seattle to Seoul and true to form, aa.com only comes up with HA. I'd be flying coach and HA has gotten mixed reviews.

When are they going to add other partners to online award booking? UA has had seemingly all of their partners online for ages already.

Cheers.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by povertyjetset
Re: connecting to Asia 1 via Asia 2, is this also possible going from the US to Asia 1 connecting HKG on Cathay?

When are they going to add other partners to online award booking?
North America -> Asia 2 (connection or stopover) -> Asia 1 requires 2 awards.

None of us know when AA will add more partners to AA's award booking engine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.