Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA 222 lax-bos yesterday?????

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2005, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

AA 222 lax-bos yesterday?????

my parents were on this flight...flight was delayed one hour...said they were put on a bus to check in at the Int'l terminal...then bused back to terminal 4...then the equipment was changed from a 738 to 767. What was going on? Anyone know? Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
This is what expertflyer.com said -- maybe someone (flyastrojets?) can translate.

6LAX-BOS NRML 738W OPTG IN 76ER N3DD OTS LAX FTWDP PETIT
AWTG CREW
Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/AAIRPASS 2MM, UA 1K, SPG PLT
The most relevant part is this: "NRML 738W OPTG IN 76ER N3DD OTS LAX" which basically means that the scheduled 738 aircraft [NRML 738W] will now be operating as a 763 [OPTG IN 76ER], because aircraft N3DD was found to be out of service [OTS] while in LAX

Despite the more common use of three character aircraft codes (763), most of AA's planning systems use four character codes (76ER) to account for the many unique configurations within an aircraft type

Can't remember what FTWDP means (think its the location and initials of the person making the entry) who in this case is named Petit...someone plz correct me if I am wrong about this part

Lastly, on top of the equipment change, your parents flight was 50 minutes late because they were awaiting crew [AWTG CREW]

Hope this helps...
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Originally Posted by travelsensei
Can't remember what FTWDP means (think its the location and initials of the person making the entry) who in this case is named Petit...someone plz correct me if I am wrong about this part
I think you are correct, as I have seen FTWDP PETIT on a number of the flight information listings when there are irregular ops.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 6:18 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Originally Posted by justageek
This is what expertflyer.com said -- maybe someone (flyastrojets?) can translate.

6LAX-BOS NRML 738W OPTG IN 76ER N3DD OTS LAX FTWDP PETIT
AWTG CREW
Basically the LAX-BOS trip normally operates with a 737-800. Today it will operate with a 767300ER since aircraft 3DD (all 737-8's are 3 something starting with 3AA) is out of service per Ft Worth Dispatcher Petit. They are awaiting crew to operate the trip.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 6:23 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I wonder relative to the needs for information about AA and AAdvantage if a one hour delay is really worth posting a question about? It is not uncommon, really.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I'm sure I'm not alone in being perfectly happy to incur an hour delay to get a 763 as opposed to a 738.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PresRDC
I'm sure I'm not alone in being perfectly happy to incur an hour delay to get a 763 as opposed to a 738.
On a flight between BOS-LAX?? I'd be psyched! (assuming I was in J) I also agree that posts about the most inconsequential delays (like this one) do nothing but clutter up the board.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:32 am
Original Poster

agreed...the change to a 767 was a plus! Still wondering why they were put on a bus to be checked in at the Int'l terminal then bused back? I have flown lax-bos many times and never had this happen.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:35 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Interesting question. I didn't think that the secession of California from the US had gone through yet...

Cheers.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What a great problem to have. I can't remember the last time I experienced a narrowbody to widebody aircraft substitution - it's almost always the other way around.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I wonder relative to the needs for information about AA and AAdvantage if a one hour delay is really worth posting a question about? It is not uncommon, really.
I normally would agree, but certainly the busing back and forth adds to the intrigue. Does AA operate any 763 flights that arrive at the international terminal at LAX? If it's anything like BOS, international flights arrive at terminal E, and then the planes are tugged over to terminal B for their next departure. So maybe AA was attempting to save time by moving the passengers instead of the plane.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA
What a great problem to have. I can't remember the last time I experienced a narrowbody to widebody aircraft substitution - it's almost always the other way around.
It's been happening down here in FLL quite often. But nothing as dramatic as a 738 to a 763. But quite a few 757's have been swapped for 767's. Always a nice surprise.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
Does AA operate any 763 flights that arrive at the international terminal at LAX?
All AA flights are either out of T4 or the satellite terminal inside the airport.

I have had 2 great equipment changes in the last year, both when flying F
SFO-HNL 763 turned back an hour into the flight and was replaced with a 762.
LAX-SFO MD80 was replaced by a 762.
HNL-LAX 757 was replaced by a 763 (777 style interiors)

These have been my only 2 experiences in the wooly mammoths so far!

Last edited by ajacpril; Apr 1, 2005 at 1:52 pm
Old Mar 31, 2005, 5:45 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Originally Posted by ajacpril
LAX-HNL MD80 was replaced by a 762.
I sincerely hope that you were referring to the slaveship instead of MD80 for that route...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.