FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/155317-archive-lax-los-angeles-intl-flagship-lounge-merged-threads.html)

Stephentao Nov 18, 2002 8:02 pm

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

I didn't see one listed on aa.com or in this forum, but I thought I remembered seeing one at LAX. Does anyone know if there is a FL at LAX? (I just made EXP and am travelling internationally next week, so I'm curious.) Thanks.

JonNYC Nov 18, 2002 8:11 pm

Should be, but isn't. Crowded AC only.

number_6 Nov 18, 2002 8:30 pm

FL is opening a year from now (December 2003), along with a new AC. The room is built in T4 but not furnished; originally scheduled to open this year, but deferred to save some money. You can look at the empty room from the outside (built at great expense during the T4 renovations).

shoodawg Aug 4, 2003 5:18 am

LAX AA/QF New Flagship Lounge

A few months back, AA people at the AC told me of the new combined FL at LAX, and that the scheduled open date is sometime in September. Have you heard or seen anything about the opening date?

Rickshaw Aug 4, 2003 5:24 am

Hi Shoodawg

Here is a link to the Lounge discussion. Number_6's comments at the bottom of the thread are quite interesting.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum39/HTML/001956.html

Spiff Oct 7, 2003 6:48 pm

LAX-FLL EXP in A or X class = Flagship Lounge Access?

In another thread, it was stated that anyone flying LAX-FLL or the reverse in F or Z class would get access to the Flagship Lounge.

Would an EXP flying in A or X (upgraded to F) get access to the Flagship Lounge?

Thanks!

LLZ Oct 7, 2003 6:51 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
In another thread, it was stated that anyone flying LAX-FLL or the reverse in F or Z class would get access to the Flagship Lounge.

Would an EXP flying in A or X (upgraded to F) get access to the Flagship Lounge?

Thanks!
</font>
I know personally X is no. Don't know about A.

freeupgrade Oct 7, 2003 6:58 pm

From several sources: P,F,J(intls. - would not apply to LAX-FLL),Z.

No upgrades of any type (i.e. X,A).

Sorry.A+ X = AC if member.

martin33 Oct 8, 2003 12:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:

Thanks!
</font>
no. only 3-class P and 2-classs F & J fares (including AAnytime Awards) get transcon FL access.

A, X, Z (or two-class D, C, I) -- nope. even if paid A...

[This message has been edited by martin33 (edited 10-08-2003).]

freeupgrade Oct 8, 2003 1:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by martin33:
no. only 3-class P and 2-classs F & J fares (including AAnytime Awards) get transcon FL access.

</font>
Martin - Sorry to disagree, yet I have had 2 LAX AC agents tell me Z on nonstop transons will get FL access.

landspeed Oct 8, 2003 8:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by martin33:
</font>
from
Topic: Flagship Lounge Access on Upgrade: NOT!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/017406.html

ADMIT POLICY

EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2003, PASSENGERS DEPARTING ON
NON-STOP TRANSCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS ARE INVITED TO ENJOY
THE ADMIRALS CLUB, OR FLAGSHIP LOUNGE WHERE AVAILABLE,
PRIOR TO FLIGHT. PASSENGERS MUST BE CONFIRMED IN
FIRST CLASS INVENTORIES F AND Z ON TWO-CABIN SERVICE
AND PREMIUM CLASS INVENTORIES IN P AND Z INVENTORIES
FOR THREE-CLASS SERVICE.
REVENUE TICKETS - F OR P
PLANAAHEAD MILEAGE FIRST/PREMIUM CLASS AWARD - Z
AANYTIME MILEAGE FIRST/PREMIUM CLASS AWARD - F OR P

martin33 Oct 8, 2003 12:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
Sorry to disagree, yet I have had 2 LAX AC agents tell me Z on nonstop transons will get FL access.</font>
touche. nice to know Z isnt persona non grata nowadays... that did seem rather draconian

Peter_D Oct 9, 2003 8:32 am

what if I have a paid A-Class Ticket (RTW). Will I get access to the FL or not?

UA_Eagle Oct 9, 2003 10:17 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Peter_D:
what if I have a paid A-Class Ticket (RTW). Will I get access to the FL or not?</font>
According to the above Admit policy, nope. This is, IMHO, the worst part of the policy.

martin33 Oct 9, 2003 10:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Peter_D:
what if I have a paid A-Class Ticket (RTW). Will I get access to the FL or not?</font>
for domestic transcon legs, definitely not. the description even has now been changed to say "Full Fare First" customers, and A is considered discounted First.

for intercontinental legs, yes. the FL is for anyone in 3-class First...

[This message has been edited by martin33 (edited 10-09-2003).]