SAAve AA's Money: Some Ideas

Old Jun 28, 2004, 12:16 pm

This money-saving idea occurred after I began thinking about how successful companies like Fed Ex have prospered shipping a planeload of freight by air while the major carriers are on the brink of financial collapse and in the process, managing to make their "planeload" (customers) totally miserable.

To put it another way, what can be lossely classified as the "air transportation/cartage industry" seems to run very efficiently and makes tons of money in hauling freight while managing to losee to lose scads of it in the process of screwing up the transporting of human beings.

Therefore, in recognition of both truisms, forthwith my idea for saving AA money:

1. Merge AA with Fed Ex

2. Reconfigure all aircraft and advertise the new "NSTCOAE" (No Seats Throughout Coach Or Anywhere Else) policy. Also, all galleys and storage bins would be removed - they no longer would be needed.

3. Adjust schedules so that as many flights as possible (those eminating from hubs) are red-eyes. (Flights to the hubs would run on normal schedules.)

4. Establish those major "hubs" in lightly populated areas (reduce/eliminate noise complaints).

5. Next, procure what I would call, for lack of a better name, "life support-transportation tubes" - something along the lines of the capsules assigned to guests in those Japanese "micro hotels." They would be stacked, just like those Japanese hotels, with everything needed to sustain a guest and would have enough storage space to accomodate anything and everything that the passenger would want to shelp along.

6. The transportation tubes would be stacked horizontally in such a way that there would be "aisles" maintained in order to give access to lavatories.

7. Upon arrival at the destination the transportation tube (and passenger) would be delivered to the final destination - office, home, hote. - whatever where the passenger and all his/her paraphenalia would be unpacked and the empty tube returned to the airline.

Note: There would be two "classes" of transportation tubes: First Class would be stocked with pillows, blankets and sheets. Economy class would sleep on straw (changed every other week.) First Class guests would receive, as they check in, picnic baskets personally prepared by Chef Emile de Grasse. Economy Class guests will get a brown paper bag containing one slice of bread and one swallow of water (and no seconds)!!! @:-) .
Old Jun 28, 2004, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sipples

1. Ask passengers to close window shades before deplaning. Saves heating and cooling expenses. Potential downside: more frequent repairs to window shades.

Any more ideas? Any comments on these ideas?
I was on a flight last week (into either BOS or ORD) where the FA asked us to close the window shades as we exited the plane.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 2:54 pm

Programs: EXP
Accept Pay Pal payments for tickets ?

I spend more than $150,000 with AA.com each year, how much does their payment card processor charge? A 1% fee would be $1,500.

Give AAdvantage members the opportunity to pay using a debit card, pre-paid, Pay Pal or other no/low transaction charge system could save enough money for AA to improve their service, but don't expect it.

I can see the promotion now, pay by AA-Citibank 1 mile per $, pay by AA-PayPal get 2 miles per $.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.