New Citi card design / look?

Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
New Citi card design / look?

Hi

I've been seeing a lot of Citi card ads. I have a Citi Aadvantage card, but it looks different.

Did they update the look? If I request a new card, will I get the new look? Is it metal by chance? I recently got one in the past 6 months I think to renew and also it has a chip now....but I like the new look and would like it if possible!

Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I got the new card about a month ago when I requested a replacement. I have the exec card. It is not metal.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage
It's fancy-looking plastic and the numbers are no longer embossed, so the new ones can't be used for (extremely rare nowadays) manual transactions.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Are you guys talking about the standard AAdvantage World Mastercard (Platinum)? The one with the ~$95 fee per year? I ordered replacements and they are still the ugly old AAdvantage logo on the top left. How do I get the new ones?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus(ick)
Whatever plastic CITI makes their cards out of, it's crap.
It's always the first (sometimes only) card in my wallet to deform and crack apart. >:-[
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
It's fancy-looking plastic and the numbers are no longer embossed, so the new ones can't be used for (extremely rare nowadays) manual transactions.
That also means they can't have rubbings made for card theft purposes.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
That also means they can't have rubbings made for card theft purposes.
Are you talking about the Citi Aadvantage Platinum Select Card? How do you get the new one?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Received an e-mail from Citi that I could get a replacement new AA Executive card without the embossing. Since I already have a chip-enabled card, I can wait until renewal next year, but you can ask for one now.

Last edited by relangford; Dec 2, 2014 at 11:06 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Are you talking about the Citi Aadvantage Platinum Select Card? How do you get the new one?
I asked about this one and was told it's only for those with the Mastercard version, not the Visa..
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I asked about this one and was told it's only for those with the Mastercard version, not the Visa..
Weird. I have the Mastercard version, but they literally just FedEx'd the exact same style old cards to me today. I can't figure out how to get the new ones.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Thread's title has been updated slightly to reflect its contents.

~Moderator
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:30 pm

I have the older Citi Advantage Executive World Elite (shiny black with chip embeded) that I received about 6 month ago. Actually a fairly nice looking card. I saw that they changed the card look recently to a grey silver, and just so happened the other day to have lunch with a friend who has the card, and it is UUUUUGGGGLLLLLY!!!!! I know this is a "First World Problem" but geeze....I'm paying over $300 a year for this card, and it is supposed to be the equivalent of AM EX Plat, but it is one ugly non descript card, something that I would expect from Capital One credit repair. Like I said, it is hardly a life threatening issue but geeze you would think that they would treat their customers better. No way am I going to ask for a replacement until I have to...and I wrote them a letter today to tell them what I thought.

I cant believe anyone would see this card as ANYTHING but ORDINARY!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:18 pm

Just got the platinum select card in the mail. Wow, this is the cheapest looking card I have ever seen. It feels like its made from cardboard with a plastic coating on it. The chip seems like it is just a sticker and not real. The edges of the chip are actually peeling.

Oh well.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
My two Citi cards are the only ones where the chip is poorly embedded/attached. There's literally excess glue smeared around the chip/card where it was attached.

I wonder if they have a lousy vendor?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.