Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Now seeing some South America SWU (C) and saver availability for SCL in March, but nothing yet for September.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:37 pm

Just booked a one way SAAver award AUS-FRA a few minutes ago.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Has anyone seen inventory restored for Asia?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:44 pm

Still not seeing anything NYC-Europe for late April.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Thumbs down

Nothing for EZE or SCL from March to Oct. 2015 in saaver in any class service. Some saaver seats in econ and F through early Feb. 2015 but nothing after that time. The award system is still messed up. I have my doubts that it will be fixed and suspect this is a permanent change that AA is spinning for as long as they can until customers realize the massive change made to the Aadvantage program.

Last edited by susiesan; Nov 25, 2014 at 4:57 pm
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by susiesan
Nothing for EZE or SCL from March to Oct. 2015 in saaver in any class service. Some saaver seats in econ and F through early Feb. 2015 but nothing after that time. The award system is still messed up. I have my doubts that it will be fixed and suspect this is a permanent change that AA is spinning for as long as they can until customers realize the massive change made to the Aadvantage program.
Was there availability if/when you checked just before this weekend?

Originally Posted by Laura782
Same question as above-- trying to ascertain if the issue being discussed in this thread is still in play at all.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Was there availability if/when you checked just before this weekend?

Same question as above-- trying to ascertain if the issue being discussed in this thread is still in play at all.
Yes - earlier today (comment #7) I reported having seen widespread availability of AA metal from NYC-Europe (all over) on Thursday. So much availability that I felt comfortable deferring my purchase until the weekend. When I looked again on Sunday, gone.

Last edited by Laura782; Nov 25, 2014 at 5:17 pm
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Yes - on the original thread I reported having seen widespread availability of AA metal from NYC-Europe (all over) on Thursday. So much availability that I felt comfortable deferring my purchase until the weekend. When I looked again on Sunday, gone.
And no sign of it now, obviously? Of course we keep in mind that tomorrow evening is the reported fix time for this (and source is completely credible)-- but saw a couple of positive reports, so wondered if they had got it done sooner. Based on your report, I'd say not. Thanks for the factual report.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:21 pm

And no sign of it now, obviously? Of course we keep in mind that tomorrow evening is the reported fix time for this (and source is completely credible)-- but saw a couple of positive reports, so wondered if they had got it done sooner. Based on your report, I'd say not. Thanks for the factual report.
No sign of it. I just checked NYC - Paris, Berlin, London, Madrid. I was trying to be patient until tomorrow evening but then saw some of the reports here indicating the problem might have been fixed. I have alerts set on ExpertFlyer for when (I'm assuming when, not if) the seats open up. As of now, ExpertFlyer is still reporting 0 availability also, as expected.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:30 pm
Suspended

No sign of it. I just checked NYC - Paris, Berlin, London, Madrid. I was trying to be patient until tomorrow evening but then saw some of the reports here indicating the problem might have been fixed
Very, very understandable! Goo luck getting those seats-- rooting' for ya!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by jamesb2147
That's not exactly the same thing. I've had plenty of trouble finding MIA-SCL business space, for example, over the last year or so.

What's different about this situation is that something changed on Friday. e.g. MIA - MGA was available all throughout February as of Thursday, but suddenly NOTHING by Friday night.

Our further confirmations that this applies to ALL international routes on AA metal 11+ days out most likely have nothing to do with your route-specific and class-specific concerns. AA is just sometimes stingy with award space. We're seeing more than just stinginess (sp?) here. Did availability change for you on Friday? Like, space was there, and then suddenly nothing? That's what we're talking about.

Yes, I had a DSM/MDE 31JAN on hold until 11:59 on 11/23/14 and was thinking of letting it expire. There was a lot of MilesAAver availability to many SA destinations all week until about 7pm on Fri. Then in one fell swoop I couldn't find anything to any SA destination...even 6 to 9 months out. I called the AA desk and their only explanation was "no availability" ...DUH !! Hoping it is just a problem loading new schedules as has been suggested. It has happened before. I purchased the hold.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by redtop
What happens if an initial booking made several months out is on a partner that levies fuel surcharges on awards (e.g., BA) yet as the travel date approaches, we are able to switch at T-11 to an AA metal flight? Would we get a refund of the fuel surcharges? (Something tells me the answer is "no.") But if the YQ is refunded, this could be an effective strategy (especially for Y tickets) if the current situation becomes the "new normal."
The answer is "yes."
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:57 pm

Very, very understandable! Goo luck getting those seats-- rooting' for ya!
Thanks! I'll be back here with updates as soon as I get them...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:45 pm

It's there now. Not great but at least some stuff exists now.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tracker09
It's there now. Not great but at least some stuff exists now.
Can you give a specific example? I'm looking but still not seeing anything on AA. There continue to be a few random direct flights on AB, and several on US, but nothing on AA like I saw last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.