Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Old Yesterday, 7:29 am   #1

Itinerary Automatically Rebooked, Destination Changed and Price Goes down $900. Why?

I booked a ticket in September for 2 people, EDI to LHR to PHL for 2/17 and then returning 6/23 PHL to EDI. The cost was $608 per person and $1218 total.

The ticket was auto rebooked on 11/16 with a change from PHL to GLA (presumably because PHL to EDI route is cancelled). After the change, the AA reservation page shows my TOTAL (Flight Subtotal) cost as $378.60. The base fare is $33/person and the taxes are $312.60. My credit card was charged $1218 Back in September but not charged or refunded again.

I called AA to ask why the flight was changed. They confirmed that the flight from PHL to EDI was cancelled, but they couldn't see the price change in their system. After being transferred to the AA international desk, the agent said it might be because the system priced it in GBP and that's what I'm seeing. That doesn't explain my total cost as $378, because my other reservations have 'Flight Subtotal' as the total I paid on my credit card for both passengers.

Why is this pricing out so much differently than my original ticket? $312.60 seems insanely low for taxes and fees for 2 passengers out of the UK. I assume that's a mistake.

I don't assume I'll get a refund on the price difference, but there is a big discrepancy here I wanted to ask about. Any clues or ideas?
NathanL104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:48 am   #2

Programs: AA EXP
Your change is only showing the fares not any taxes. I've had that happen on some international changes also. Don't know why but your fare really did not change
Satblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:51 am   #3

Programs: AA ex-ExPlat, SPG Paper, Hyatt Platinum, HH Gold
Do you want to go to GLA? If not have them put you on PHL-LHR-EDI for free.
skunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:28 pm   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
This is the key thing. Don't worry about what the pricing says (I've had mine show $0 after flight changes), just make sure AA puts you on the flights you want to be on.
Bttc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:41 pm   #5

Programs: DL Plat, FI Silver, AA Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
Or JFK-EDI which starts 07MAY15.
mAAine_flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:24 pm   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bttc View Post
This is the key thing. Don't worry about what the pricing says (I've had mine show $0 after flight changes), just make sure AA puts you on the flights you want to be on.
Yup, I currently have an itinerary with only the taxes being charged after it was changed by an agent.
Daniel6L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 9:01 pm   #7

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel6L View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bttc

Yup, I currently have an itinerary with only the taxes being charged after it was changed by an agent.
jagmeets is offline   Reply With Quote